TajMo: The Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' Band - WOW!!!

WGH

TajMo: The Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' Band - WOW!!!
« on: 13 Jun 2017, 02:07 am »
Goodby Keith Don't Go, it was nice to know you. The new TajMo is now the new demo king. How good? It will even make your non-Salk speakers sound like a million bucks, the down side is every room in the upcoming RMAF will be playing this CD.

Every song is great, absolutely fantastic music. The CD has excellent stereo separation plus a stable solid center image, tight deep bass along with a wide dynamic range.

On another topic: everyone knows that Van Alstine electronics and Salk speakers have a synergy that is hard to surpass, it can be done but not without a lot of experimenting. What you don't know is that the ZenWave Audio D3 interconnect is the third component in this trilogy. Put a D3 between the pre-amp and amp and the music comes into focus with such perfect imaging and dynamic range that you instantly know these three components were made to go together. I first heard both the D3's and D4's in my system 2 years ago, the D4's were not a good match (good thing too), but the D3's really pulled everything together. I have demoed many different interconnects and none have worked this well with AVA and Salk. You won't know how much music is stuck inside your electronics and can't get out until you give the ZenWave D3's a try.

Wayne 

dB Cooper

Re: TajMo: The Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' Band - WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2017, 02:24 am »
This sounds like a 'can't miss' combination. Thanks for sharing it.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2017, 04:09 am »
Listened to the track samples on HDTracks. Seems like a keeper.

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2017, 04:32 am »
Great album from start to finish with the typical Keb Mo' production values.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2017, 04:48 am »
I'm listening to it on TIDAL now. Nice tunes.... :thumb:

Thank you for mentioning it. They're new to me.....yet another new 'adventure' in music for me!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2017, 02:24 pm »
Killer!

charles

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2017, 02:38 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'm a Keb Mo fan.  I put it on my wishlist at HDTracks (24/44.1).

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2017, 03:03 pm »
Just came in the mail. Has to wade through the cleaning process before play.

Doc

PeteG

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2017, 03:22 pm »
I picked it up a little over a month ago, I've been enjoying it a lot. Great music.

Hydro

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2017, 03:53 pm »
Another great album by Keb Mo, the cover of Squeeze Box makes me smile. His new live double album is the best live recording I have. He always has top notch recordings, a couple others I highly suggest are Keep it Simple, Suitcase and Slow Down. They are what I call happy blues.

dpatters

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2017, 03:54 pm »
Thanks for the music tip Wayne!  Glad the D3s are working out well in your system.

Don P.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2017, 09:08 pm »
Just bought the HDTracks download, it's outstanding
Mark

santacore

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2017, 10:14 pm »
Excited about this. I'm a big fan of Keb Mo and Taj!

Ern Dog

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jun 2017, 12:38 am »
Thanks for sharing this Wayne.  I listened on Tidal and it's excellent!

Those D3's also sound intriguing.  Anybody have any idea how the D3 compare to the D2?

nature boy

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2017, 01:24 am »
Thanks for sharing this Wayne.  I listened on Tidal and it's excellent!

Those D3's also sound intriguing.  Anybody have any idea how the D3 compare to the D2?

The ZenWave D3's are a lot more neutral and resolving than the D2's.  They were a major step up in my system when I demo'd Dave's cables a couple weeks ago.  I found the D2's to over emphasize the upper bass and lower midrange areas.  They also did not have the treble or bass extension of the D3's or D4's.   Check out Dave's website for the cable comparison, his chart is spot on accurate.

NB

WGH

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2017, 01:34 am »

Unfortunately I have never heard the D2's, put the question to Dave in his forum: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=178
A brand new pair of D3's were above my budget but after waiting for 2 years a used pair finally showed up on AC and I jumped on them, thanks Don.

Since TajMo will be on everyone's playlist at audio shows for years to come we will finally have a universal album we all know to compare speakers and electronics.

Wayne

WGH

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2017, 02:12 am »
The D4's with my HT2-TL's were a little too resolving, the sound lost it's magic and became analytical, everyone at our audiophile group agreed. RAAL tweeters are special: extremely clear, smooth and very extended; a friend with excellent but more laid back speakers preferred the D4's in his system.

santacore

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2017, 03:57 am »
Just listened to the whole album via Tidal. Fun album, but did anyone else feel the vocals were a bit recessed? I felt like both lead locals could have benefited from a few more db or maybe some compression/limiting.  Outside of the vocal mix I really enjoyed the album.

skifasterslc

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2017, 02:15 pm »
Taj Mo Band is on tour this summer and I was able to catch the concert at Red Butte Gardens in SLC UT a couple of weeks ago.   It is a terrific outdoor venue and the performance was awesome as expected.  I am a big fan of Keb Mo and the only complaint I would have is they only played their new stuff.
Not surprising since they are promoting their musical collaboration. 

Also in the live performance the the lead vocals were a tad recessed as well, I like Keb Mo's voice and it was not as pronounced as I would have liked,  nit picking here......

Catch the tour if you can! 

Art_Chicago

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2017, 02:55 pm »
Just came in the mail. Has to wade through the cleaning process before play.

Doc

I guess that means vinyl!  Please keep us posted on the sound quality of the LP.   Does it come with a download code as well?