Wonder how the show is going......

jcotner

Wonder how the show is going......
« on: 6 May 2017, 06:21 pm »
Kind of thought we'd hear something from the crew at LSAF by now. Guess they are having so much fun they don't have time to post. It's a beautiful weekend here in the Dallas area too. Wish I'd been able to go, it's been on my list for a while now.

pmctexas

Re: Wonder how the show is going......
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2017, 09:09 pm »
Very enjoyable ! Easy to get to and great parking.  High quality stuff but most out of my price range... Definately worth attending..

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2017, 04:46 am »
Hey Jeff,

It's been a good show so far. A lot of folks came by today. I only had two short lulls today from opening until supper. Didn't get lunch but did manage to use one of the lulls to spend some money. Got a new turntable.

Both the NX-Otica and the LGK 1.0s received a lot of praise and a few serious inquiries.

I got to hear the X-Statics for the first time in Scott's room. I was very impressed. These are a real bang for the buck winner.

My regret is that I haven't had a chance to get to more than a few other rooms, mainly the ones closest to mine. We pretty much filled up the second floor with exhibitors this year.

One of the rooms is really unusual. It has an old gramma phone with a Bluetooth player hidden inside.

I don't have any photo editing software with me so I can't post any pictures until after I get back.

Mike

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2017, 04:59 am »
Will Scott be around on Sunday?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2017, 01:16 pm »
Should be

THROWBACK

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2017, 11:42 pm »
Folsom: really nice show. I was hoping to see you there, but I just got back to Colorado. I did spend quality time with Mike Lundy and Scott, however, and hung out with another few crazy audiophiles. It would have been worth it for the hang-outs even if there were no systems to be heard at all.

THROWBACK

« Reply #6 on: 7 May 2017, 11:44 pm »
Folsom: really nice show. I was hoping to see you there, but I just got back to Colorado. I did spend quality time with Mike Lundy and Scott, however, and hung out with another few crazy audiophiles. It would have been worth it for the hang-outs even if there were no systems to be heard at all.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2017, 12:09 am »
Will Scott be around on Sunday?
No, I had to pack up early... daughter's bulldog needs emergency surgery and the Dallas prices are stupid compared to Abilene vets.  I even left some stereo stuff with son in law to make room for a portly passenger. 
I was pleased with my room until the last half hour of the show on Sat.--- batteries gave out after running all day and the phono pre began to distort.  Until then I think the X- Statik's were the best sound by far for the $.  But the Austin Acoustics horn system was pretty sweet for about 3/4 of a million.  Think I'll order two.   :lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2017, 01:09 am »
This room was stocked with gear built by the late Gary Dodd, and was named after him.  As I had hoped, all day long people came by to share their common affection for my late friend.  Gary was an electronics genius, but more importantly a generous and gentle spirit.  He is greatly missed. 

The speakers are the GR-Research X-Statiks.  Still the best buy in a kit or any other form.  My pair has around $500 in kit, wood, and finish. 

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2017, 09:49 pm »
Here's a link to the LSAF discussion in the Audio Shows and Events Circle

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148101.0