Audio Blasphemy Confessions

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: Audio Blasphemy Confessions
« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2017, 01:34 pm »
My sad truth is I expect everyone else to live by and follow MY personal rules. Sort of like I am the "Sheldon" (of "Big Bang") Audiophile.
Anyone who does not live up to MY rules is an idiot and a total fool. And naturally my rules are SECRET. SO I can cry foul and rant and rave internally over the slightest thing anytime at anyone ever.
If YOU violate MY rules, I will insult you endlessly in my own mind, but expect you to respect ME! Since I am Audiophile God in the Flesh.
And since I am above all of you, I hold my sarcasm and keep my secrets to myself. Just thinking of what awful fools and idiots I have to interact with.
I constantly can smirk at all of you , knowing I am so superior.

And since Audiophiles are totally incapable of understanding humor, sarcasm or irony... I expect to get lambasted for this post. LOL

Excellent post!

"incapable of understanding humor, sarcasm or irony"  That made me smile.. 8)

kclark0395

« Reply #41 on: 23 Mar 2017, 01:42 pm »
If the ONLY thing I'm doing is listening to music then I'll sit centered between my speakers. This happens about 10% of the time when I have music on. I can enjoy the music while in the kitchen cooking (something I like to do) or reading in a chair that is comfy but outside of my right speaker, still appreciating the notes and musicality of my system. I also have broken the rule of only changing one thing at a time, and of course have "upgraded" tubes before even listening to what came stock.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #42 on: 23 Mar 2017, 03:19 pm »
My sad truth is I expect everyone else to live by and follow MY personal rules. Sort of like I am the "Sheldon" (of "Big Bang") Audiophile.
Anyone who does not live up to MY rules is an idiot and a total fool. And naturally my rules are SECRET. SO I can cry foul and rant and rave internally over the slightest thing anytime at anyone ever.
If YOU violate MY rules, I will insult you endlessly in my own mind, but expect you to respect ME! Since I am Audiophile God in the Flesh.
And since I am above all of you, I hold my sarcasm and keep my secrets to myself. Just thinking of what awful fools and idiots I have to interact with.
I constantly can smirk at all of you , knowing I am so superior.

And since Audiophiles are totally incapable of understanding humor, sarcasm or irony... I expect to get lambasted for this post. LOL

Hilarious, just hilarious.  Love it.   :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #43 on: 23 Mar 2017, 03:20 pm »
I actually enjoy listening to music while BBQ'ing on long weekends.

Via bluetooth to a mono wireless speaker...

AHHHHHHHH!

I redeem myself through sessions in the sweet spot in the main system while working from home a couple of times a week!   :thumb:

brooklyn

« Reply #44 on: 23 Mar 2017, 03:27 pm »
Towards the end of my forty years of really enjoying this hobby we call being an audiofile,
I found it harder and harder to just sit in front of two speaker for any length of time and
just listen.. I’m not sure why.. I still really enjoy listening to music with great sound
quality but do it though other means..

Great post Elizabeth, I always enjoyed reading what you have to say on this forum..

Ern Dog

« Reply #45 on: 15 Apr 2017, 04:48 am »
This thread is hilarious!  One of my favs.