Future Song3-A Owner

hearditontheX

Re: Future Song3 Owner
« Reply #20 on: 31 Mar 2017, 12:15 pm »
A finish has been selected, it should look amazing!

I can't wait to follow the progress now. I will probably check by the hour.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #21 on: 31 Mar 2017, 01:19 pm »
A finish has been selected, it should look amazing!

I can't wait to follow the progress now. I will probably check by the hour.

I certainly did when mine were being built...I checked so often that I'm surprised I didn't crash the server!

PJam1995

« Reply #22 on: 31 Mar 2017, 09:18 pm »
I placed my order 2 days ago! Decided to go with the Salk3 with the Accuton midrange in curly maple with silver gray dye. Can't wait!

Grbluen

« Reply #23 on: 31 Mar 2017, 09:25 pm »
I placed my order 2 days ago! Decided to go with the Salk3 with the Accuton midrange in curly maple with silver gray dye. Can't wait!

Oh, that's going to look sharp!  It was an online search for silver gray dyed veneer that started the whole process for me. I wasn't looking for speakers!  Now I'm a proud owner of the song3s and i couldn't be happier!

brubacca

« Reply #24 on: 31 Mar 2017, 11:27 pm »
Not sure why I am asking, but what is the lead time for a song3 right now?

Christopher M

« Reply #25 on: 1 Apr 2017, 01:17 am »
I ordered the Song 3 with the Accuton mid around the middle of January.  Delivery estimate was April, almost home.  Can't wait, I almost picked the Smokey Silver, but fell in love with a deep orange fireburst on curly maple.

PJam1995

« Reply #26 on: 1 Apr 2017, 01:28 am »
Oh, that's going to look sharp!  It was an online search for silver gray dyed veneer that started the whole process for me. I wasn't looking for speakers!  Now I'm a proud owner of the song3s and i couldn't be happier!
     Nice to hear!! I've had Songtowers since 2011 and decided a few months ago to start "looking". At first, I was looking at the Veracity line then read all the great Song3 reviews. Really like the silver gray dye look!

PJam1995

« Reply #27 on: 1 Apr 2017, 01:34 am »
Not sure why I am asking, but what is the lead time for a song3 right now?
I didn't ask but am estimating 6 weeks. Hope it won't be much longer than that. lol

boniccie

« Reply #28 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:19 am »
mine took. around 12 weeks but it isworth the wait

boniccie

« Reply #29 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:24 am »
Very happy with my Song 3

Grbluen

« Reply #30 on: 1 Apr 2017, 05:39 am »
Very happy with my Song 3

Those are sweet!

saygrr

« Reply #31 on: 1 Apr 2017, 11:40 am »
I know with most of the Salk speakers there are options with crossover components, bamboo cabinets, and in several models tweeters. I think there is a tweeter and midrange option with the Salk 3 or possibly Jim is working on a higher quality  Salk 3 model. Can someone clarify this? It really is a very nice looking speaker.

saygrr

« Reply #32 on: 1 Apr 2017, 12:20 pm »
Sorry. The above post is regarding the Song 3 not Salk 3.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #33 on: 1 Apr 2017, 12:24 pm »
Sorry. The above post is regarding the Song 3 not Salk 3.

You mean the HT3?

It might be ready for Axpona according to Jim. It should be wonderful. That's all I can say at my pay grade.

8) :wink:

hearditontheX

« Reply #34 on: 1 Apr 2017, 02:07 pm »
Silver Gray / Pure is the combination we are getting on curly maple.

saygrr

« Reply #35 on: 1 Apr 2017, 03:19 pm »
Nope not the HT3. The Song 3. I'm positive I read some where that a Beryllium tweeter and a different midrange was requested on somebody's Song 3s. Jim would know. I'm wondering how far these speakers can be taken. I know Jim is open to capacitor types. The Song 3s are so clean looking. I like the slender width. How close can these come to so called reference with a few changes?

johzel

« Reply #36 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:05 pm »
Nope not the HT3. The Song 3. I'm positive I read some where that a Beryllium tweeter and a different midrange was requested on somebody's Song 3s. Jim would know. I'm wondering how far these speakers can be taken. I know Jim is open to capacitor types. The Song 3s are so clean looking. I like the slender width. How close can these come to so called reference with a few changes?

Hi,  I'm that somebody.  Well, one of the somebodies.  Not sure how many other pairs of this design Jim has made.  My pair was the first. They are Song3's with the beryllium tweeter with a Audio Technology midrange.  They're pretty darn good.  Really good. 

johzel

« Reply #37 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:17 pm »
saygrr, here's a picture of them:

saygrr

« Reply #38 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:20 pm »
Thanks johzel. Now I know I'm not completely losing my mind. Do you live in Wi.? I'm in Racine county.

johzel

« Reply #39 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:24 pm »
Thanks johzel. Now I know I'm not completely losing my mind. Do you live in Wi.? I'm in Racine county.

I do.  Not all that far from you.  You're more than welcome to come for a listen yourself.  Return home with a car full of Spotted Cow and pay for the trip  :thumb: