IDA-6 and Celsus Sound SP-One bundle price $950

rustydoglim

IDA-6 and Celsus Sound SP-One bundle price $950
« on: 13 Dec 2016, 10:23 pm »
Participating US dealers will be offering IDA-6 and Celsus Sound SP-One (passive version) for a bundled price of $950.
This is going to be an incredible entry level audiophile system.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: IDA-6 and Celsus Sound SP-One bundle price $950
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2016, 11:24 pm »
I've been running the SP-One with the bigger brother IDA-8. If the IDA-6 is cut from the same cloth, this will be truly a fantastic pairing! Very smooth upper end, almost a bit laid back. Lower end is amazingly strong all the way down (considering its driver size; we're not expecting subwoofer levels obviously) and beats out my other bookshelves of the same size for reach.

One thing I'll note though is that due to rear port the SP-One likes to have a bit more space behind it, otherwise it gets a bit muddy. Putting it up on stands was helpful, but not as important as taking it away from the wall in my opinion.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2016, 04:54 pm »
Participating US dealers will be offering IDA-6 and Celsus Sound SP-One (passive version) for a bundled price of $950.
This is going to be an incredible entry level audiophile system.

I am one of those "participating" dealers, so feel free to contact me for details.

This package promises to break a lot of barriers in the "price/performance" system category.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2017, 08:18 pm »
I've finally finished up my review of the SP-One speakers (too many delays with various events and some ailing parents, but they're all better now thankfully). Truly a fantastic performer in such a tiny package:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149789.0