Decware SE84UFO almost done!

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
Decware SE84UFO almost done!
« on: 13 May 2016, 04:16 pm »
Well all. I have been thoroughly enjoying my Supercharged Omega 3XRS's with my Fleawatt TPA-3116 but I am close to getting my Decware SE84UFO! It's in the Q&C stage right now. Should ship next week. Will let you all know when I get it!  :D

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
Re: Decware SE84UFO almost done!
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2016, 04:34 pm »
Hey Now,

If it sounds anything like my Decware SE84CKC and Omega Super 3Ss you'll be enjoying a musical experience!

--
Finest kind,
Chris

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2016, 06:11 pm »
Hey Now,

If it sounds anything like my Decware SE84CKC and Omega Super 3Ss you'll be enjoying a musical experience!

--
Finest kind,
Chris

That is what I have read. That the synergy between the Omega's and Super Zen is pure magic! Can't wait!!!!!

Sandals123

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2016, 07:41 pm »
I don't mean to steal your thread. I have just bought a pair of omega Super 6 Alnico Monitor. I am currently running a Jolida jd1701 hybrid amp with a modified Shanling T80 CDP. I am looking for a more suitable amp. It sounds like the Dacware pairs nicely with the Omega... Any model or other suggestions?

Thanks

jorgen

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2016, 07:38 am »
Lots of users of this forum have had great success with several of the Decware amps, with several types of Omega speakers. I'm enjoying my miniTori a lot with a pair of 7" alnico drivers. Many many love both the 4,5" based speakers with the zen, also 6"alnico drivers with superzen amp, but also the Rachel amp. I think the message would be that you can't go wrong with this combo

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2016, 06:04 am »
I don't mean to steal your thread. I have just bought a pair of omega Super 6 Alnico Monitor. I am currently running a Jolida jd1701 hybrid amp with a modified Shanling T80 CDP. I am looking for a more suitable amp. It sounds like the Dacware pairs nicely with the Omega... Any model or other suggestions?

Thanks

Yeah. Decware +Omega looks to be a great match. Of course I can't give my own opinion yet but soon! And thanks for chiming in. You have raised my interest in the Shangling T80. I started reading reviews on it and it looks stellar.  But I can't find out how to purchase one.

hdrider

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2016, 01:41 pm »
Welcome to the club! Our ZMC1>ZP3>Rachael into the amazing 7XRS's and Deep 8 sub is a match made in heaven. Makes me wonder if Louis and Steve ever sat down over a beer? Keep us posted when the amp lands, pay attention to Steve's suggestion of 5on/5off/5 times to start your break in and listen often. Happy listening, Chris.

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2016, 04:28 pm »
Welcome to the club! Our ZMC1>ZP3>Rachael into the amazing 7XRS's and Deep 8 sub is a match made in heaven. Makes me wonder if Louis and Steve ever sat down over a beer? Keep us posted when the amp lands, pay attention to Steve's suggestion of 5on/5off/5 times to start your break in and listen often. Happy listening, Chris.

5 on 5 off 5 times to start your break in. What do you mean by that?

Panelhead1

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2016, 05:42 pm »
5 on 5 off 5 times to start your break in. What do you mean by that?

This is a break in technique. It speeds up the "forming" of the dielectric in the capacitors. Especially the electrolytics. The application of voltage to a discharged capacitor helps the polarization.
  I do not know if this means 25 power cycles. That is a lot.

seikosha

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2016, 06:44 pm »
5 hours on, 5 hours off.  Repeat 5 times.

jorgen

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2016, 09:15 am »
I wasn't able to follow that routine for my amp, not sure if it is supposed to be faster or better, as if have missed out of anything. Don't think so.

My ZP3 is almost done, but not here until 5 weeks from now. Looking forward to experience a good riaa, now I'm using a cheap Project
Waiting doesn't suit me too much,but easier now than the wait for speakers and amp at the same time a couple of years ago

hdrider

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2016, 11:05 am »
This is just Steve's recommendation to speed up the break in cycle, not one of the ten commandments guys. The amps do seem to go through a lot of changes in the first few days/weeks when I got mine but I found myself taking off the ''audiophile'' hat and just wearing my ''music''lover hat. Keep us posted and happy listening. Chris.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2016, 07:49 pm »
I wouldn't worry about the break in too much. Just let it run and enjoy it ;)

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2016, 03:51 pm »
Yeah. I am not going to worry about break in. It just shipped yesterday so should have it this coming week!

Louis O

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2016, 01:17 am »
Hi HiFiJeff,

Great news and the combo is going to be fantastic. I wish I took pictures of your speakers before they left. The speakers are broken in so no worry at all.

Thanks again,
Louis

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #15 on: 7 Jun 2016, 06:36 pm »
So it's been about two weeks now using my Decware with the Omega's. And my impressions are VERY satisfied! I am loving the combo. I know I have to let the Decware do some more breaking in but am loving what I have heard so far. The only thing that I know I will have to upgrade is my DAC. When running my 2VRMS Denon CD player directly to the Decware, everything sounds amazing. As the Decware likes a 2VRMS input and I rarely go past the halfway point on the volume knob. When I use everything else ran through my Schiit Audio DAC, I have to turn the volume knob all the way up to get it loud enough and a lot of the times it still isn't loud enough. My DAC has 1.5 VRMS. Any suggestions on a different DAC?

RDavidson

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jun 2016, 08:55 pm »
Wow! A rare case of someone actually needing more gain.

If you like your DAC, maybe another route could be a buffer (tube or SS) that has at least 2V output?

HiFiJeff

• Restricted
  • Money Never Sleeps!
« Reply #17 on: 7 Jun 2016, 09:06 pm »
Wow! A rare case of someone actually needing more gain.

If you like your DAC, maybe another route could be a buffer (tube or SS) that has at least 2V output?

I don't want to add another link in the chain, I want to keep things as simple as possible so a different dac with 2VRMS or more might be the route I take. The Schiit Audio Bifrost Multibit has a 2VRMS and is supposed to be a VERY nice dac.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 7 Jun 2016, 09:26 pm »
I think the Bifrost Multibit would be a great choice, as would the Resonessence Lab Concero HD.

beowulf

« Reply #19 on: 7 Jun 2016, 09:29 pm »
Heard lots of good things about the Schiit DAC.  The Decware ZSTAGE would be another alternative and there is a lot of flexibility to set the gain on your source from 0 - 5 volts.