Serenity Acoustics / BG Drivers

Danny Richie

Re: Serenity Acoustics / BG Drivers
« Reply #20 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:49 pm »
:(

Okay. Newbie question:

What does it take to design, test, and produce one's own tweeter/midrange? [I'm guessing Joe Sixpack can't invest $25K and six months of R&D to produce something amazing.]

Okay. Naive question finished. :green:

I'm working on that too.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:50 pm »
Hey Danny, I hate to be a pain, but any chance you'd consider splitting the thread?  I'd hate to distract Ruben if he happens to drop in...

Thanks!

I was already thinking that, but in the last shuffle that power was taken away. I have to get one of the administrators to do it. I'll send some messages.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:57 pm »
Administrators can you please split this thread from post 181 on into a new thread and move them back to my circle please?

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #23 on: 13 Oct 2015, 02:38 pm »
Thanks Danny

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 13 Oct 2015, 02:42 pm »

brj

« Reply #25 on: 13 Oct 2015, 05:21 pm »
Thank you!

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 13 Oct 2015, 05:46 pm »
I guess it's how it is - it's a shame.  In process of arranging a trade for nice monitors I have in my almost never used bonus room for a pair of N3s.  Would love to have a matching center.  I guess I can try the one I have and make my decision when the trade is done.

wshuff

« Reply #27 on: 8 Nov 2015, 02:25 pm »
With nothing constructive to add to this post, let me just say "damn."  I have an LS6/LS-C in the theater, my living room has some SLS speakers that use the Neo3. All the sound I love comes from Neos. A shame to see them taken away.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #28 on: 9 Nov 2015, 02:39 am »
Nope, Serenity can no longer get the BG drivers and have called it quits.
Somehow I missed this. Serenity is calling it quits? So who's behind the new Aluminum frame Neo3/Neo10 columns?????

......or am I missing something? Again.......

DeeJayBump

« Reply #29 on: 9 Nov 2015, 03:29 am »
Those WERE made by Serenity for testing/prototyping/etc and the BG drivers became unobtanium as a result of the Christie Digital purchase BEFORE Serenity could start producing and selling them. At least that's the way I read it from Danny's posts on the topic.

yakman2020

« Reply #30 on: 10 Nov 2015, 05:07 pm »
I'm working on that too.

So...is there any documentation of the usual production process for this kind of driver?  I know you can get copper coated kapton film for pretty reasonable amounts of money. Is the expense or difficulty in the frame, and if so could you 3d print (using copper or lost wax-sh casting)?

Happy to take it off line.

Danny Richie

« Reply #31 on: 10 Nov 2015, 05:28 pm »
So...is there any documentation of the usual production process for this kind of driver?  I know you can get copper coated kapton film for pretty reasonable amounts of money. Is the expense or difficulty in the frame, and if so could you 3d print (using copper or lost wax-sh casting)?

Happy to take it off line.

I am looking into all options.