Facilitator needed here [VMPS Owners]

ServerAdmin

Facilitator needed here [VMPS Owners]
« on: 16 Jun 2016, 02:23 pm »
Please post here if you would like to volunteer.

Non-Industry members only.

More information:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about;area=facilitators

ServerAdmin

Re: Facilitator needed here [VMPS Owners]
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2016, 02:14 am »
Second call…

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2016, 04:33 am »
Hi S.A.

would like to volunteer
to keep this most important circle (speakers) alive
dont know what vmps stands for?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veritone_Minimum_Phase_Speakers

this i found,it's simple speaker design techniques used in full range drivers,
multidriver-6db/octave crossover etc,sounds like AC.

:thumb:

kind regards
George
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2016, 05:44 am by G Georgopoulos »

ServerAdmin

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2016, 04:29 pm »
Thanks but it would need to be a VMPS Owner - someone who owns VMPS speaker/s and has knowledge of at least some of them and an interest in maintaining an on-going discussion about them.

Doublej

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2016, 01:47 am »
I'm guessin John Casler used to hold this position and has moved on to the new speakers he was recently raving about.

I currently own and bought new in 1992 or 3 a set of Super Tower R SE and would hate to see this forum die for lack of someone to fulfill this postilion. Since I don't think it will require any significant time of effort I'd be glad to volunteer.

Thanks for your consideration
Rick

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:53 am »
I'm guessin John Casler used to hold this position and has moved on to the new speakers he was recently raving about.

I currently own and bought new in 1992 or 3 a set of Super Tower R SE and would hate to see this forum die for lack of someone to fulfill this postilion. Since I don't think it will require any significant time of effort I'd be glad to volunteer.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Actually, I was only a moderator when Brian was alive and we first started the Circle.

Then they made a rule that there could only be a single moderator and that had to be Brian, but he was not to savy at that.

Then when he passed, I was not qualified since I have Industry ties as a dealer for various companies.

That said, you would be a GREAT moderator.

I recently spoke with Stimpy, who has also posted a lot here, keeping things alive, but sad to say he had an accident and is still recovering, and didn't think he could moderate at this time.

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2016, 05:39 am »
Thank you John

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2016, 07:20 pm »
Yes I thought of Stimpy also ...... lets keep this up!

Stimpy

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jul 2016, 04:35 am »
I recently spoke with Stimpy, who has also posted a lot here, keeping things alive, but sad to say he had an accident and is still recovering, and didn't think he could moderate at this time.

Yes I thought of Stimpy also ...... lets keep this up!

Thanks guys!  I truly appreciate being mentioned as a possible candidate.  Just still under the weather.  Hoping my back injury will improve soon!!!  Until then, Rick has my vote!  And let's definitely keep this forum alive!    :D

ServerAdmin

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jul 2016, 04:59 pm »

Rick

Thank you for offering to help VMPS Owners by facilitating. You are now "it" ;)

The previous Facilitator has not been online here since Dec 2014. This sometimes goes unnoticed, until an issue arises and there is no-one to correct course. I hope all is well with him, but do not know.

Feel free to change/update/replace the Welcome/Guidelines post.

Thanks again  :thumb:

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 1 Jul 2016, 05:02 pm »
Well thank you all for the vote of confidence. If there's been no one in this position for a year and a half obviously it's not a high workload.....

Thanks. Will do my best.
Rick

Stimpy

« Reply #12 on: 1 Jul 2016, 07:40 pm »
Congratulations!  Now you can take a year and a half vacation too, since we must be a well behaved crowd!   :lol:

oldhvymec

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jun 2018, 10:26 pm »
Well thank you all for the vote of confidence. If there's been no one in this position for a year and a half obviously it's not a high workload.....

Thanks. Will do my best.
Rick

So is this still alive?  Any VMPS GURUs out there?  I'd like to hear the news? I'm a VMPS guy. I would think "the cup runneth over".
It's been my observation, VMPS people are USUALLY a little more dedicated to the experience of "stereoism".

Any VMPS Franken Speakers out there?

Truly a resurrection of VMPS speakers would be so cool. Startout with say two speakers styles.

What two, any thoughts, Say two styles, Elixir style and HT (smaller) types, with a side of VMPS BASS BOXES (subs) Stackable?
Who knows

I currently own a pair of the original 808s, Tower II SE (graphite drivers), Elixirs (carbon fiber), LCR (carbon fiber, TRT, and FST), 1 pair of VMPS RM30 cabinets with NONE of the  original drivers or parts, Second pair of NIB RM30 cabinets only, pair of Dipole cabinets (never used, no drivers).

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jun 2018, 10:39 pm »
Two way hi sensitivity speakers are yet rare in the market,
there is no much speaker companies in this range too bad.