James: Warranty US/Canada?

Mike-48

James: Warranty US/Canada?
« on: 20 Aug 2017, 05:07 am »
Hello James,

I am in the US. If I bought a used Bryston amplifier from Canada, would the remainder of any warranty be valid?  Or are warranties specific to the country of sale?

Thanks,
Mike

srb

Re: James: Warranty US/Canada?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2017, 05:20 am »
Bryston Ltd. Warranty

" .....The warranty will only be honoured in the country of the original purchase unless otherwise pre-authorized by Bryston."

servingko

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2017, 01:29 pm »
"Hi Folks,

"The warranty is 20 years ...period... on analog product.

The distributor through Bryston is responsible for all warranty work for product they have sold or have authorized (ex someone moving from one country to another).

The warranty is valid in the country the product is purchased in or if returned too Bryston in Canada

James"

This was from a 2011 discussion surrounding a potential purchase in Dubai.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2017, 08:46 pm »
Hello James,

I am in the US. If I bought a used Bryston amplifier from Canada, would the remainder of any warranty be valid?  Or are warranties specific to the country of sale?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike

The warranty is valid but has to be serviced in the country it was purchased in.

james

Mike-48

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2017, 09:40 pm »
Thanks, James, for the clarification. I had hoped that since Bryston has its own repair facility in Vermont (or no longer?), exchanges of equipment between the US and Canada might be different.

Mike-48

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2017, 01:27 am »
Given the warranty issues, I bought a 4B3 from a US dealer. A few years ago, I sold my 14B (S)ST only because Janszen wouldn't warrant my speakers when used with an amp with so much power. I hated to see it go, because I loved the sound. Of course, everyone says that the cubed series is even better.

Though the 4B3 hasn't been delivered yet, I'm happy to be in the family of Bryston owners once again.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2017, 04:34 am by Mike in NC »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2017, 10:55 am »
Given the warranty issues, I bought a 4B3 from a US dealer. A few years ago, I sold my 14B (S)ST only because Janszen wouldn't warrant my speakers when used with an amp with so much power. I hated to see it go, because I loved the sound. Of course, everyone says that the cubed series is even better.

Though the 4B3 hasn't been delivered yet, I'm happy to be in the family of Bryston owners once again.

Hi Mike

Welcome back sir - what Janszen speakers? 

james

Mike-48

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2017, 04:44 pm »
Hi, James--

The speakers are electrostatic hybrids, Janszen Valentinas. (The model name was changed from zA2.1.) Besides being very low in distortion, they are rather beamy vertically, which works well with the 7-foot (213 cm) ceiling in my basement listening room. Their small dimensions also help make the low ceiling less apparent. But I bought them primarily for the sound, not the looks!

When I bought them (July, 2014) Janszen would not warrant their speakers when used with power amps rated above, I think, 300 W into 8 ohms. I believe they feared that accidents could blow the electrostatic element. I don't know if that policy is still in place.

I used the 14B ST briefly with them, and the combination was outstanding. Looking forward to installing the 4B3.

Mike

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2017, 06:12 pm »
Hi, James--

The speakers are electrostatic hybrids, Janszen Valentinas. (The model name was changed from zA2.1.) Besides being very low in distortion, they are rather beamy vertically, which works well with the 7-foot (213 cm) ceiling in my basement listening room. Their small dimensions also help make the low ceiling less apparent. But I bought them primarily for the sound, not the looks!

When I bought them (July, 2014) Janszen would not warrant their speakers when used with power amps rated above, I think, 300 W into 8 ohms. I believe they feared that accidents could blow the electrostatic element. I don't know if that policy is still in place.

I used the 14B ST briefly with them, and the combination was outstanding. Looking forward to installing the 4B3.

Mike

Ok thanks for the update Mike.

James