AV1 & AV1+ Home Theater pictures

Ed VB

« on: 19 Feb 2003, 12:03 am »
Hi

Here is a link to some pictures of my Home Theater I just finished.

I want to thank Danny and Darren for all their input while building these. I had some Acoustat 1+1 before this setup.

I just love the way these speakers sound compared to the Acoustats.

I set my Outlaw 950 speaker settings for the Surround, Back and Center on Small and set the Crossover on the Outlaw at 60HZ for all three. The Fronts are set to Large.
 I have a Y adapter that send the full range to the front AV1+ speakers. I also send the full range to a Madisound 24CX-2  Electronic Crossover set at 50Hz at a 24DB slope.
The bass output goes to my stereo Hafler XL280 amp and then to the stereo transmission line subwoofers using Eclipes 10" drivers. The low end stays pretty steady with a RS sound meter all the way to 21Hz. I have a 24DB subsonic filter at 20Hz built into the crosover.

The rear AV1 really helped pull everything together when listening to Dolby Digital 5.1 or EX.

The Amps I have are A Hafler XL-280 for the subs, Parasound HCA1250A for the fronts,suround and center and a Marantz HA-500 for the AV1 rear.

I am using a Sony  DVP-S7000 as my CD/DVD player. The TV is the new Sony KF-60XBR800 with a Samsung T-165 HD tuner.

The speakers are everything that people have said about them . A piano sound like a piano. A snare drum like a snare drum. I played quite a few songs and kept saying to myself, Man does that ever sound real!!

I have construction pictures of the cabinets and crossovers if needed. let me know what you want and I will post them here.

http://photos.yahoo.com/evanbelkom@ameritech.net

Ed VB

« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2003, 01:32 am »
Hi

I added some pictures of my crossovers for anyone that is interested.

http://photos.yahoo.com/evanbelkom@ameritech.net