Member Location

Mr Content

Member Location
« on: 26 Mar 2009, 07:13 am »
Hi guys, I thought I would start a thread that lets others know where about in this fine country we live. This will be useful info if someone plans a get together or audio meet. So come on,  add your location  :thumb:

Nigel  =  Newcastle NSW

Mr C aa

Rocket

Re: Member Location
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2009, 08:16 am »
Hi Nigel,

I live in Perth Western Australia.

Currently using Salk Sound Ht2's which I bought when the aussie dollar was pretty strong compared with the US dollar.

Regards

Rod
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2009, 09:39 am by Rocket »

lord dubious

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2009, 08:59 am »
Hi All
On the surface, this seems like a good idea and may be even better if we tabulate members by state or capital city.  Can anyone see a problem with this?
Cheers

JayM

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2009, 09:42 am »
Canberra

JayM

Mr Content

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2009, 11:56 am »
Hi JayM Ah the City of circles.....hehehe

Mr C

Mr Content

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm »
Hi Rocket,  go west young man.....and you did :wink: Nice part of Oz too

Hi lord dubious, I don't see any problem with that.........what do you suggest :P

Mr C aa

lord dubious

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:21 am »
Hi Mr C
I thought (usually a mistake) if there were no objections, it might be easier for members to interact if a table of member locations were to be put up as one of those pinned theads.  Does anyone else have thoughts on this?
Anyway, I am in Melbourne.
Cheers

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2009, 11:20 am »
Although it wasn't very popular, there is a 'pinable map' for AUdioCircle members located > HERE <.

Bob

bluesky

« Reply #8 on: 8 Apr 2009, 11:42 pm »
Hi Guys

I live in Brisbane and would be happy to have any Audio Circle members drop in for aa visit should they be in the area.   Last Christmas I had a visit from Rocket and we had a great chat about all things audio. 

My system is mainly Aksa based but I do have a collection of bits and pieces of "audio junk" largely given to me by friends and family.  I am very big on DIY stuff and have something of a Coral speaker driver collection, again, largely given to me from a lot of different sources.  I have only ever bought two pairs of Corals both of which were off Ebay for under $50!

Bluesky 

soundfanz

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2009, 04:18 am »

Gidday mate. I've also visited your place a couple of years back, and seen some of you're AKSA stuff. :)

I just joined this site, and hope to contribute to the forum.

Chris

Mr Content

« Reply #10 on: 9 Apr 2009, 11:04 pm »
Hi Bluesky and thanks for dropping by, I am an ex Brissie boy.  A Coral guy eh,.......hey you didn't buy those Nos Coral drivers that were on ebay a couple of years ago did you?  Where about s in Brisbane are you  :D

Nig aa

Mr Content

« Reply #11 on: 9 Apr 2009, 11:05 pm »
Howdie Chris, another Brissie boy???? Thanks for checking us out. feel free to bring up any subject here  :thumb:

Nig aa

soundfanz

« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2009, 02:30 am »
Howdie Chris, another Brissie boy???? Thanks for checking us out. feel free to bring up any subject here  :thumb:

Nig aa

Thanks mate, and yes, I live at Grange,Brisbane.
And I am about to start a thread here and hope to get some good info.  :D

Chris

bluesky

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2009, 11:41 am »
Hi

Yes, I did pick up a pair of really nice Coral Beta 8's but the rest of my "collection" has been scrounged up from a lot of different sources and one pair of Coral Flat 5's for just $42 off Ebay once.

I live in the Strathpine area on the "northside" of Brisbane and spend time building or modifying components mostly from recycled gear that friends and relatives drop off to me after they break down and then I will pull anything thaat might be useful out of them.

Bluesky 

Mr Content

« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2009, 01:49 pm »
Hi Bluesky, do you still have the 8" corals?

Mr C aa

Docere

« Reply #15 on: 15 Apr 2009, 09:59 am »
Brisneyland (West End at the mo'). I am not much of an "audiophile" as such, but have a decent (by my standards) system and am into music. I am happy to have folks over from time to time and chat about music and audio stuff...

Cheers
Raymond

HumanMedia

« Reply #16 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:42 am »
Sydney.

Adinoto

« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2009, 03:11 am »
Sydney

rahman

« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2009, 08:50 pm »
holas

sydney lad currently residing in sunny dublin. given the shiite weather have taken to spendin my euros on hi-fi.

now i just gotta find a way to lug all this stuff back someday without havin to sell my kidney for freight and customs...

cheers
adrian
ps: system in sig and am currently embarking on garrard 301 and emt930 restorations. giddya!

Mr Content

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2009, 10:25 pm »
Welcome rahman, sunny Dublin eh????? well I spose it would be nice when you could get outside. Are you there for work , or love.

cheers Nigel