Sunday Jan. 22 Concerts in the Basement, Plus "Dark Side of the Rainbow"

daves

Want to spread some California sun and warmth into your life? We will be hosting Brian Wilson doing all of "Pet Sounds" in the den, and "Smile" in the kitchen, two of the most incredible live videos in our library.

We will follow them up with Pink Floyd's "Pulse" in the kitchen, and a world exclusive of "Dark Side of the Rainbow", with commentary by Liam, in the den.

Don't be square, be there..Sunday the 22th of January, starting at noon. "Dark Side of the Rainbow" will blow your mind!

Please note the date change, to Jan. 22nd. We will be attending a niece's baby shower, and then visiting a couple shelties for possible adaption, which go hand in hand on the first date. The fact we can do both without significant travel made it a high priority. Hoping we can adopt one of the shelties - the house has been very quite without one alerting us the mailman or UPS is driving past.
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2017, 03:50 pm by daves »

daves

And a bump to the top. We have two RSVPs so far...

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
That's the day after my birthday (hint... hint... ) and the day I'll be at my Mothers house having people sing to me my praises, feeding me cake and showering me with gifts of love, appreciation, and admiration.

So uhh yea... sorry, I can't make it.
Bob

drummerwill

Yo Dave

Would love to join the audience ,but I kinda invited myself to the "Single Driver" event
    at Blackmore's place on the 21st. ...........Yeah I know , never too many audio listening
    sessions......
        But it's a full weekend now.  Hope to make the next one !

Willie   

daves

Otay, Buckwheat says we have Steve, Kent, Dave, Ted, Rich, Liam and me so far.  We can handle five or so more... Plus Ken and a new friend. And Gabe.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2017, 01:07 am by daves »

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
I will see you Sunday. If there is room, can I drag in a new member?  He has QUAD ESLs and some serious electronics.
Ken

daves

Ken, no problem at all, that sounds great!

pinkfloyd4ever

Are newcomers allowed? Not positive I'll have time, but "Dark Side of the Rainbow" has me intrigued  :o

daves

PF, we have two newcomers attending, and would love to have you as well. Call us Sunday after 9am if you will attend, and we will give you directions. Dave 
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2017, 03:50 pm by daves »

Batsong

Dave.  I'd like to attend, if you've got room.
Gabe

daves

We have you on the list, Gabe. :-)

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
Dave,
It will just be me.  The other fellow is scheduled out.
Ken

pinkfloyd4ever

PF, we have two newcomers attending, and would love to have you as well. Call us Sunday after 9am if you will attend, and we will give you directions. Dave
Dang, not going to make this one. Hopefully I can make time for a GAS event in the next few months

daves

Fun was had by all. A few did not quite see the close tracking, but I think it is quite astounding that a movie from 1939 and an album from 1972 track so seemlessly.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2017, 03:46 pm by daves »

Batsong

Thanks Dave.  It was a great time.  Interesting conversations and good laughs!

daves

Thanks Gabe! The most surprising performer at the event was this Audioromy 828 amp, which was quite adept.

JohnH12

• John H
I'm constantly amazed at all the amps you come up with.

drummerwill

What a sweet Looking  amp, even without the Cages , right !..

Is that a Push-Pull or PSET setup ?

How many watts per ?

Wish I could have been there.. to ask more silly questions .

Willie

daves

Willie, this is about 30 wpc, P-P, with the dreaded FU29(828A Beam tetrode?) output tubes, and Chinese 5760 driver tubes. It is cool as can be, in a Frankensteinian fashion.

If you would like to hear it, give me a shout. Steve is going to be stopping by to reclaim it this weekend.