ModWright Website UPDATED!!!

modwright

« on: 16 Feb 2004, 07:56 pm »
I have posted a number of updates on the site, so please check it out if interested in what we have going on these days...

Thanks,

Dan Wright
President, ModWright LLC

TheChairGuy

« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2004, 10:59 pm »
Hey Dan,

Good update  :thumb:

I noticed you added the Revelation Audio Lab cords for Perpetual Tech and MSB products...and custom 'power cable' for your Truth upgrades.

RAL and Brad Vojtech/owner also make hard-to-find RJ-45 to RJ-45 and RJ-45 to XLR digital cable for those of us with MSB systems with custom 192K outs from our transports.  Its somewhat new for them, but they have made Cat-5 type cable for NorthStar owners in Europe and US (another 192K upsampling DAC).

I'm being used as beta tester for the RJ-45 (Sony DVP-S7700 outs) to XLR (Gold Link III DAC inputs) cable now.  It sounds awful at 30 hours, but I'm told it doesn't open up till 200 hours.  It is still bad at 30 hours, but I am starting to hear analog-like ease that I have never heard before in my system.  All other enhancements before served to make digital strengths stronger, but did nothing to add back in analog-like smoothness to the picture.

Based on remarkable improvement power cord/umbilical cable did for the Power Base, I am expecting great things from this digital cable.

I plan to write a review in 'Critic Corners' in a couple weeks when all is burned in properly, but you may want to ask Brad about this cable also to flush out your offerings.  US 192K MSB'ers have had to satisfy ourselves with the cruddy $10.00 (industrial) CAT-5 that MSB sells for $35.00 overpriced dollars..now we have a great new option with RAL.  It's probably not a big business for anyone, but it's the only game in town and a great one at that...if it's as good as their other offerings.

Congrats on the new web look :!:

eichlerera1

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2004, 12:45 am »
Dan,
          Very interested in your Revelation Audio power cables for use in your signature truth mod. I assume that the power cord goes to your little outboard power supply which powers the output tubes in my Sony 9000ES. Do you recommend these new power cords to power the Sony 9000 itself?
          When will it be ready and roughly how much will it cost? By the way, the sound of the modded Sony continues to improve with time. I can't believe the breakin period of this particular model.
                                                                               Paul Galli

modwright

Revelation...
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2004, 12:43 am »
The Revelation umbilical's will likely be about $225.  I am expecting the first unit this week to evaluate and then Brad and I need to pin down the price.  I have no doubt that it will be a significant upgrade.

I have also ordered one of Brads AC power cables and this may be a GREAT solution for the main player itself.  More after I evaluate both products.

Thanks,

Dan

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2004, 01:18 am »
Dan,

Break-in times are remarkably long on Revelation Audio cables...make sure you tell your buyers.  Not so bad on 'umbilical' cords as you just keep player or power supply on for 100-150 hours...but I have about 50 hours on this RJ-45-to-XLR digital cable and it still is breaking in.

Brad told me the cable is pretty awful till 150 hours...I gotta' agree at 50, so far.

Anyhow, I think you will be amazed as I was on the umbilicals...they shouldn't matter as much as they do...it still boggles me that they do.

Again, nice update on the site  :thumb:  :thumb: