Is Klause using Magnan Audio Cables now?

rickmusicman

Is Klause using Magnan Audio Cables now?
« on: 30 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm »
Has Klaus gone to Magnan audio Cables instead of Groneberg Cables? Just curious because that is what he was using at AXPONA this year.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Is Klause using Magnan Audio Cables now?
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2017, 01:56 am »
It could be one of those marriage of convenience things that happen at shows, couple of guys with complimentary products split costs.  Or could it be more...

As an owner of the original Magnan cables I was interested to see that Klaus was showing with the new company.  The Type VI interconnect appears to be the same or close to it, the Signature speaker cables have undergone a major revision replacing the original's carbon/poly conductors with copper ribbon.  While this is completely opposite of David Magnan's design philosophy, I haven't heard the new cables so couldn't comment on their sound.  I hoped the new company can follow in David's groundbreaking footsteps.

djbnh

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2017, 03:05 am »
So when Klaus checks in we'll know. Quite a $$ difference between the various Groneberg and show cables.
« Last Edit: 1 May 2017, 04:21 am by djbnh »

marflao

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2017, 10:42 am »
Based on the AVShowroom video posted by Klaus in the Axpona thread it seems that those cables might be the  reason why the demo room has never sounded better.

At least that is what Klaus mentioned to Mr. Breuninger (around 9.30min in the video).

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2017, 06:07 pm »
Still married to Groneberg,  and probably will be until the end of times...however,  I have Magnan cables for over 20 years as well,  always loved them,  and in my opinion,  it's a logical step up (as it should be for the extra $$$),  as they sound very much like the Quattro's,  just more of it....also,  Craig is a very good person,  and after all,  shows are quite expensive,  and it helps with the expenses and the fact that he doesn't stand in the way of me being myself at demos.....what was that ?   carzy...wild-man...nuts...dictatorial ???    YUP>