Lampizator PCM 1704 dac .....:-)

malpa

Lampizator PCM 1704 dac .....:-)
« on: 9 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm »
hi,
...perhaps im not the first one to own the new DAC pcb board with BB PCM 1704 DAC on it...all by Lampizator! (LF)....its a new heart in my lampizator dac 6...and it has been there for some time alredy.....it has replaced wolfson dac chip....and the difference is just amazing!....i was lucky to get it:-).:-)
...all i can say the PCM 1704 is not trying to impress as much as the wolfson....it's not trying to highlight every single note ....but it gives way more analog..and relaxed separation to the music....u can spot it right away when listening to some big brass section for example ....PCM 1704 shows much better separation between instruments,...than other dac chips like wolfson or sabre,...hard to tell the difference before u own and listen to both of them, ...and all i can say the 1704 is the best to my opinion!..or one of the best out there
...all the dac chips are great...but i think the PCM 1704 is one of the greatest, ...and i'm happy to have it ...straight from Lukasz...
he kind of mention ..that this dac board may end up in his new lampi 8 dac...and im not surprised :-).
He seemed to know what he is talking about.
...thanx again Lukasz,...and all the best.
P.

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2014, 08:59 am by malpa »

ondrejk53

Re: Lampizator PCM 1704 dac .....:-)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2014, 09:19 pm »
Hi malpa!

Congrats to your new PCM 1704 DAC update. Just one question - if i understand right Mr.Fikus did update of your PCB board. Please, can you tell me what kind of Wolfson DAC chip was used in your DAC before? Thanks a lot.

Geardaddy

Re: Lampizator PCM 1704 dac .....:-)
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2015, 05:40 am »
I am confused.  I thought the big six was using 1704 already?