new DIY Lael Saver works like a champ

mp

Re: new DIY Lael Saver works like a champ
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2014, 01:48 am »
I think you might have to position it carefully.  0.2" isn't a lot of leeway.

I saw a post in another forum - someone was having trouble getting the pullers to grab on.  The solution was to cover the center hole.

neo

Hey neobop,

Thank you for your response. I went to the store selling the 2 for $7 but they are way small; lucky if they are 2" round. I ended up buying the real 4.5" ones @ $5.99 each. The fit of these is perfect.

You must have ESP. That is exactly the problem I am having with these. They will not grab on. Any idea on what to cover the center hole with?

You're input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

:D

Actually ... I did a little more snooping around and the originator of this method gives a great pictoral display of his procedure here:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/label-saver-how-about-a-dent-puller-warning-large-pictures.181384/

In essence he is putting one dent puller against another one, with the LP in the middle. This seals the hole in the middle of the LP quite nicely.

simoon

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2014, 06:48 pm »
I buy lots of used records and wash them the first time in the laundry sink with dishwashing detergent and warm water. I don't throw them in there like a bunch of dishes, but I get them all wet and sudsy, then swish around the grooves with an old horse hair paint brush, rinsing them, and finally toweling them off with old nice and fuzzy bath towels.

Wayner

I've used this technique with good results.

My only change is to use a micro fiber towel. Terrycloth produces  noticeable lint.

mp

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jul 2014, 01:50 am »

I've used this technique with good results.

My only change is to use a micro fiber towel. Terrycloth produces  noticeable lint.

Agreed. Micro fiber towels leave no lint.