Have a little Anarchy for the Holidays

Kevin Haskins

Re: Have a little Anarchy for the Holidays
« Reply #40 on: 5 Feb 2010, 04:14 pm »
Kevin,
With the hours you spend working, I'm not surprised a bit that you could use a vacation!

I always found it to be therapeutic to beat my kids from time to time, that is, until they got big enough to reciprocate. Now I live in mortal fear and sleep with one eye open, just in case!
:green:

Would you like me to put you in touch with my Channeler, Kray Z. Knight?

Seriously, you could use some "downtime," which I'm afraid, you're seemingly incapable of.

Best Regards,
Terry

You know what I like about you Terry?   It is your twisted mind... I like that about you.

Hell.... I'm going to need to get a second job at the rate I'm going.   Vacation, retirement, food.... those are things that only the wealthy and retired postal workers can afford. 

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #41 on: 5 Feb 2010, 04:23 pm »
Will these fit in a car door?  Would they be good in a 2.1 car audio application?
Thanks.
M

They are pretty deep... you cannot get a lot of stroke with mechanical clearance with a shallow woofer.   The parameters and dimensions are all in the data sheets.   I know nothing about your car door so it is kind of hard for me to speculate but there is nothing unique about midwoofers used in cars other than gaudy design elements, small physical size and they are typically 4-Ohm nominal drivers.    If I were to design something for a car application I'd probably pick something that worked well in small sealed boxes.    A car door is typically a type of aperiodic enclosure.    It is a leaky sealed enclosure of unknown size.   Most car audio guys stuff a woofer in some space for which they don't know the volume so the results vary significantly.   

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Technical/Aperiodic/

TerryO

« Reply #42 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:24 am »
You know what I like about you Terry?   It is your twisted mind... I like that about you.

Hell.... I'm going to need to get a second job at the rate I'm going.   Vacation, retirement, food.... those are things that only the wealthy and retired postal workers can afford.

Kevin,
The next time you're over this way, drop by and I'll share my can of beans with you. That way it can be two out the three things you mentioned above.

BTW: Retirement sucks! I'm busier than I've ever been, trying to meet the demands of my loving wife (Evil Annie).

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #43 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:45 am »
Kevin,
The next time you're over this way, drop by and I'll share my can of beans with you. That way it can be two out the three things you mentioned above.

BTW: Retirement sucks! I'm busier than I've ever been, trying to meet the demands of my loving wife (Evil Annie).

Best Regards,
TerryO

I'm coming over on Tuesday but I'm pretty booked up with the social workers and Dr. Wiggles.    Let me know when the next meeting is for the Pacific NW Audio Society and I'll tear myself away from the pleasures of Port Angeles. 

TerryO

« Reply #44 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:59 am »
I'm coming over on Tuesday but I'm pretty booked up with the social workers and Dr. Wiggles.    Let me know when the next meeting is for the Pacific NW Audio Society and I'll tear myself away from the pleasures of Port Angeles.

Kevin,

The next meeting is Thursday, Feb. 11th.
The official blurb says:

"How-to-set-up turntables and archiving LP's to digital files. When done right, the digital copy can sound amazing."

That's a little close to your date with the social workers, but if you're up for it we can have dinner (or if you're the early bird type and the ferries are running, break-fast, lunch AND dinner, or do you prefer Supper?). I can pretty much plan around your schedule, whatever it is.
 :eyebrows:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #45 on: 6 Feb 2010, 01:20 am »
Kevin,

The next meeting is Thursday, Feb. 11th.
The official blurb says:

"How-to-set-up turntables and archiving LP's to digital files. When done right, the digital copy can sound amazing."

That's a little close to your date with the social workers, but if you're up for it we can have dinner (or if you're the early bird type and the ferries are running, break-fast, lunch AND dinner, or do you prefer Supper?). I can pretty much plan around your schedule, whatever it is.
 :eyebrows:

Best Regards,
TerryO

I'll have to punt on that one.... I'll be playing catch-up after missing Tuesday.    How about next month?   Do they have anything scheduled on archiving your digital files on LPs and the LP copy can sound amazing!?? 

TerryO

« Reply #46 on: 6 Feb 2010, 02:20 am »
I'll have to punt on that one.... I'll be playing catch-up after missing Tuesday.    How about next month?   Do they have anything scheduled on archiving your digital files on LPs and the LP copy can sound amazing!??

Kevin,
The "theme" for the March 11th meeting is:

"Loudspeaker and Amp Demo"

"Local Loudspeaker manufacturer Eficion and amplifier manufacturer Jones Audio will demstrate their products."

I don't know anything about Jones Audio, but Eficion had the room across the hall from ours at VSAC.

However that may be, the following month (April 8th) should be interesting:

"Audio from Scratch:

Experience designs from the Club's Do-It-Yourselfers. Many of the designs are quite amazing."

Just let me know when you want to get together.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #47 on: 6 Feb 2010, 04:17 pm »
Kevin,
The "theme" for the March 11th meeting is:

"Loudspeaker and Amp Demo"

"Local Loudspeaker manufacturer Eficion and amplifier manufacturer Jones Audio will demstrate their products."

I don't know anything about Jones Audio, but Eficion had the room across the hall from ours at VSAC.

However that may be, the following month (April 8th) should be interesting:

"Audio from Scratch:

Experience designs from the Club's Do-It-Yourselfers. Many of the designs are quite amazing."

Just let me know when you want to get together.

Best Regards,
TerryO
Hmm... I don't remember them.   I didn't leave the room much.   

I'd love to do the DIY theme-night.   

TerryO

« Reply #48 on: 6 Feb 2010, 08:06 pm »
Hmm... I don't remember them.   I didn't leave the room much.   

I'd love to do the DIY theme-night.

Yeah, when I saw that I thought that would be one you might like to attend.
Of course, somehow I got roped into organizing the meeting, but that's OK.

Best Regards,
TerryO