Next SoCal Audio GTG June 14th hosted by Brian Kyle‏

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
Hey Folks,

Brian Kyle has graciously invited us over to his place Sunday afternoon, June 14th starting at 2pm.  I've seen and heard Brian's system and he has a lot of fun stuff to check out.  Please RSVP to Brian at brian-kyle@sbcglobal.net so he can plan for refreshments.  Hope to see you all at Brian's place in Dana Point in a few weeks.

Russ

Here are a few words from Brian to let us know what he has in store for us:

An image and detailed description of  Xtreme Cables/Xtreme AV Audio Reference System (or 2Xtreme Audio Reference System) can be found by visiting the following link on my website:

http://www.xtremecables.com/2XtremeAudioReferenceSystem.php

As one can see from my equipment list? I am a huge fan of tube components (and OTL amps)? as all of my gear contains those, IMO, natural sounding glowing glass bottles. And most all my components use NOS tubes that I have synergized for an eXceptionally open and natural musical presentation (Mullard, Tung-Sol, Telefunken, Svetlana and Sylvania). The only exception is a matched pair of Russian made Electro-Harmonix Gold Pin 6SN7 GT tubes in each amp? which actually sound quite lovely.

New  additions include:

?         Revox B77 Open Reel Tape deck

?         J.A. Michell GyroDec Turntable with their Techno Arm (a modified Rega RB250) and a Sumiko BlackBird cartridge

?         Furutech Reference III Interconnects x2, Power Cables x4 and Speaker Cables (AWESOME. Very natural and tonally balanced ?ultra-resolution?)!!!

?         Furutech Pure Transmission Fuses in all Audio Components (a best-bang-for-the-buck improvement)!!!

My other Components include:

?         Abbingdon Music Research (AMR) CD Player (tweaked out bypassing all fuses and the ON/OFF switch)

?         Atma-Sphere MP3 Line and Phono Preamp

?         Atma-Sphere MAI Mk2.3 OTL Monoblock Amplifiers

?         VMPS Audio RM40 Speakers

?         Marigo Audio TR and VX Mystery Feet (for the AMR and Preamp respectively)

?         Acoustic System Resonators x10 Room Tuning devices (~$9k - $10k retail).

?         Acoustic System Sugar Cubes and Diffusers

?         Acoustic System LS Feet for the RM40 Speakers

?         Oyaide SWO-GX Receptacle in the wall

?         Acoustic Revive RTP-2 AC x2 Passive Conditioners and Power Distributors

?         Acoustic Revive RR-77 Schumann Frequency Generator with the optional King Rex Power Supply

And all CDs are treated with my Xtreme AV Liquid Resolution CD Enhancer and our Music Gun Tourmaline Negative Ion accessory. I would be happy to demo the effectiveness of these two products on CDs for all folks interested in getting the most out of their digital playback systems? so be sure to bring some of your reference CDs (even better  if you have two of the same CDs to A/B treated vs. untreated).

It will be fun to compare the best of Analog (Open Reel Tape and Vinyl) to what I feel is one of the best Digital CDPs made today. And for all you vinyl enthusiasts? please bring a favorite album to play? as since Vinyl is new to me? my LP collection is limited. But I will add that all you Vinyl enthusiasts will be pleasantly surprised at how good digital can sound with the right CDP and system configuration/system synergy.

I am an Authorized Dealer for all of the above components? and will offer a nice discount to anyone who attends and purchased any of the items within 10 days.

I look forward to folks attending? and will offer beer, wine, sodas, snacks and order out pizza to chow down around 4 ? 5 PM.

-------------------------

As one high end audiophile friend of mine? who attends most all the Audio shows and has frequented my place over the past 3 years and has heard my system develop over the same time period? when visiting my place about 10  days ago? he said:

?Brian, if this is not the best audio system I?ve ever heard? it is definitely in the top two?.  Dr. Ted Witt ? Sun Valley, ID

I invite you all to stop by and hear for yourself. And of course, constructive and/or differing opinions are welcome. J

-------------------------

Sincerely,

Brian Kyle

Xtreme Cables & Xtreme AV

33331 Ocean Hill Drive

Dana Point, CA 92629-1122 USA

Phone:  (949) 488-7662

Fax: (815) 642-4124

XC & XAV Website: www.xtremecables.com

The Music Gun Webpage: www.theMusicGun.com

Russtafarian

Re: Next SoCal Audio GTG June 14th hosted by Brian Kyle‏
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2009, 06:01 pm »
Bump.  Should be fun.  Come check it out if you're in the area.

Russtafarian

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2009, 05:05 am »
Reminder.  Our next SoCal GTG is next Sunday afternoon.  Please RSVP to Brian at brian-kyle@sbcglobal.net if you plan to attend.  His address and phone number are at the bottom of th first post.

Russ

Russtafarian

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2009, 11:20 pm »
This Sunday.  Come by and join us if you're in the area.

Russ

Russtafarian

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2009, 06:20 am »
Great time at Brian Kyle's place this afternoon.

Everyone was greeted with a kiss!

The Rig: VMPS RM40s, Atma-Sphere tube preamp and OTL amps, AMR tube CD player.  Even the TV uses a tube.  How vintage!

Tom, Mike, Jim, Steve, Arian... the usual suspects.

David got the VTA on the GyroDec dialed in using cardboard cutouts underneath the record.  Vinyl sounded sweeeet on this system.

Atma-Sphere OTL.  Now THAT'S a tube amp!

AMR CD player and Revox B77 2 track RTR.

Arian treated us to some awesome 2 track tapes featuring Dave Alvin and Jacintha.

Our host Brian talks us through the system. Furutech cables and fuses, Acoustic System Resonators, and Acoustic Revive power distribution and Schumann Generator a big part of the deep, rich, musical sound we heard.  Very impressive system.

Art was knocked out by the sound of Jacintha... or maybe it was just the beer.

Pizza's here!  Hajime and Rich waste no time digging in.

Jim and David lost in deep Brubeck.

Thanks for being a great host Brian! The system sounded wonderful.

Russ

Hajime Sato

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2009, 12:05 pm »
Brian: Thank you for being a great host. Your system sounds awesome!
Everybody: Thank you for sharing music!
Russ: Thanks for the pics!

Hajime

hifitommy

sorry i couldnt make it
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2009, 12:03 am »
nearly 100 miles from my house was a bit daunting.  i see everybody had a decent time.