What did you make for dinner lastnight?

stone deaf

Re: What did you make for dinner lastnight?
« Reply #60 on: 3 Apr 2009, 06:02 pm »
Took the brisket off the BGE, wrapped in towel then put in ice chest for an hour
:scratch: I understand not wanting to cut into a piece of meat that's fresh from the heat, but why do you ice it down for an hour?

Bob

An ice chest will keep food warm if you don't add ice.

soundbitten1

« Reply #61 on: 3 Apr 2009, 06:48 pm »
rice pasta tossed with pesto sauce

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #62 on: 3 Apr 2009, 07:55 pm »
Oh, ok..Sorry, I though you where chilling it.
That's a cool idea. I use the microwave for the same thing.

Bob

stone deaf

« Reply #63 on: 3 Apr 2009, 10:27 pm »
Oh, ok..Sorry, I though you where chilling it.
That's a cool idea. I use the microwave for the same thing.

Bob

Down here in Louisiana we boil a lot of crabs, shrimp and crawfish. They go straight from the pot into ice chests to keep them warm while we eat. When we cook a lot of meat for a church cookout or plate lunch fund raisers we do the same thing, put the meat in ice chests as they come off the stove or grill. You have to get used to this method as the food will continue to cook for a while.

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #64 on: 17 Apr 2009, 09:51 am »
I bought myself a Kenwood Chef over the easter weekend so I decided to use it last night and made some lovely Pizza Dough.

So for dinner I had beautiful thin crust pizza with mozzarella, Chillis, Pepperoni, Peppers.

I even got hold of some semolina to make it extra crusty!

Nick.

PS: For my next trick I shall be making fresh pasta!

TheChairGuy

« Reply #65 on: 17 Apr 2009, 12:42 pm »
Last night we had breakfast....for dinner :)

We bought a new Villaware waffler and couldn't wait until morning.  Rice/flaxseed waffles all around (my daughter and wife don't do well on gluten).  It was quite yummy  :bounce:

John

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #66 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:26 am »
What's a man to do on a perfect grilling weather?  I put on a garlic rubbed tri-tip roast, little spicy Andouilette sausages, Asparagus marinated with garlic/rosemary/lemon/olive oil, fresh corns on the cob and red potato cutlets with herbs -- all on a grill.   Opened a bottle of a 2005 Hudelot Noellat Chambolle Musigny and had a lovely dinner.   I am feeling just fabulous right now.   :thumb:

Cheers to you all,

:wine:  :wine:

SlushPuppy

« Reply #67 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:30 am »
I smoked a nice pork tenderloin from Sam's Club on my Big Green Egg. Made pulled-pork samitches  :drool:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #68 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:18 pm »
This is a repeat, kinda a pet dish for me.  It's too simple.  Get some mole in a jar.  Cut it with chicken stock as instructed on the jar.  Slow cook it in a pan with chicken pieces.  Garnish it with avocado slices (for coolness to the spice) and raw white onion rings.  I put that right on the chicken on the plate.  Toss some fresh green beans in olive oil (throw in some garlic bits and/or crushed cloves, or not) and put it in the oven on a flat pan.  Bake at 450 turning a couple of times.  They will blacken, that's the idea.  They will be crunchy.  You'll appreciate a crisp white wine or cervesa to drink.  It's spicy.

stone deaf

« Reply #69 on: 25 Apr 2009, 09:06 pm »
We made pizza on our Big Green Egg last night and today have Beer Butt Chicken going on the grill.

stone deaf

« Reply #70 on: 21 Jun 2009, 09:10 pm »
Here is a shot of the Father's Day steaks on the Big Green Egg.

Wayner

« Reply #71 on: 21 Jun 2009, 09:31 pm »
I made 2 22oz, T-bone steaks, basted in melted butter and garlic, with some mushrooms and baked potatoe. It was sort of Man Vs Food. Food won.

I do love left overs, steak and eggs anyone?

Wayner :)

stone deaf

« Reply #72 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:05 pm »
During college football season steak & eggs is the way we start our game day along with either hash browns or grits, biscuits, juice and coffee.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #73 on: 22 Jun 2009, 03:36 pm »
Morgan Hill Rigate.

1) Cook some rigate pasta al dente (firm), rinse in cold water and set aside.
2) Remove skin from chicken breast, dice, spice with thyme, oregano, basil and fresh ground black pepper.
3) Flour chicken and saute in extra virgin aa olive oil. Set aside.
4) Cut up fresh broccoli, onions, red bell peppers, kale and brown mushrooms.
5) Dice fresh garlic, add vegies, more spices (oregano, basil, thyme) lightly saute and then add chicken and canned Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted diced tomatoes with Chipotle peppers. Saute for a little while.
6) Add pasta to mixture or heat up pasta and pour sauce over top.
7) Sprinkle Parmesan and Gorgonzola cheese on top.

Just two pots required (pasta pot, large saute pan).

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #74 on: 22 Jun 2009, 04:38 pm »
Two ripe tomatoes picked straight from my garden, two yellow squash again from the garden, fresh basil from garden,  homemade pasta.

Saute 4 cloves garlic with one chopped slice bacon and 2 tbs olive oil, add chopped squash  and 1/2 cup chopped onion-- until the squash is soft.
Add the tomatoes and basil for just a minute or two (until hot, but not cooked). Salt, pepper, &parmesan.
Served over pasta.   
Simple is good :D 
Add a bottle of Chianti reserva, and new set of Dodd amps to listen to, and a quiet house (wife gone to DisneyWorld with nephews).

Interesting side note, my GR-Research AV-3's respond to these little custom 6qb5 amps in ways that they didn't with larger 6L6GC amps or a Moscode amp. But I find that it sometimes depends of the cd.  Patty Larkin's Angel's Running is sounds new and fantastic, while detail is lost from Veinna Teng's Waking Hour.

You'd think that it would be an improvement across the board or not at all.
Scott

EthanH

« Reply #75 on: 6 May 2010, 05:35 pm »
I made dak bulgogi last night; it was my first time trying to cook Korean food and the result was delicious! :drool:

K Shep

« Reply #76 on: 7 May 2010, 12:47 am »
Grilled whole chicken over onion croutons.

Rinse a 4-5 pound chicken, season the cavity and outside of bird with salt and fresh ground pepper.  Fill the cavity with one lemon quarter and a handle full of any fresh herbs on hand, last night I used Thyme.  I place the bird on the top rack of my BBQ and cook for approximately 1 hour, indirect heat.

From a fresh loaf of bread last night I used whole grain, cut 1" cubes (croutons) season with salt and fresh ground pepper. 

Slice one small onion.  Grill onions in pan with one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, turn down the heat to low to avoid over cooking after about 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper.

Remove chicken and cover with aluminum foil. 

While the chicken is settling prepare the croutons.  Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat until it begins to smoke, immediately add the bread crumbs and flip to coat, turn the heat to medium. Keep an eye on the croutons stirring occasionally, they should take about 5 minutes. 

To plate, in a shallow bowl place 1 cup of the croutons, sprinkle onion over croutons and toss lightly.  Place chicken and their juices over the croutons and pour remaining juice over each serving.

I use a pair of chicken shears to cut up the chicken, I also remove the neck bone from the giblet bag and cook it with chicken stock for additional juice.

Enjoy!

rodge827

« Reply #77 on: 7 May 2010, 02:46 am »
This is one of my wifes favorite old stand by's.
Pesto coated wild salmon, dusted with planko bread crumbs, parmegan cheese, and grilled on a cedar plank. Sauted baby asparagus with olive oil, garlic,chardonay and topped with fresh lemon. Portabello and porchini mushroom risoto. I have no idea how she makes, but it is real good :drool:.
We washed it all down with a bottle of J Lohr Arroyo Secco Chardonay.
Yummy!!!!!!
Rodge

gonefishin

« Reply #78 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:04 am »
  I've been trying to practice making various types of sushi lately.  I still need a lot of practice, but here's an example of last nights meal...

dan

JohnR

« Reply #79 on: 10 Jun 2010, 11:46 am »
Nice work on the sushi. How did the rice work out? (That's the hardest part, I've given up.)

Baked winter veg and marinated salmon for me.