IRDaudio Update by Curt Wishman

Curt

IRDaudio Update by Curt Wishman
« on: 16 May 2007, 09:27 pm »
Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted for such a long time. Here's an update on IRDaudio's status:

My US operations manager and good friend or 14 years, Larry Beach, passed away on Sep 15th which instantly closed Buffalo Electronics, our main distribution warehouse in Charlotte NC. All goods stopped shipping to our customers, we were dead in the water leaving 25 distributors, 10 OEMs, and several hundred dealers unable to restock their shelves.

My wife and I rushed to the US (during the military coup in Thailand which didn't help) to reopen the warehouse and interview a potential new partner who was interested in joining BE. We got the warehouse reopened, caught up on all the backorders but unfortunately the new partner didn't work out. My wife and I are still in the US running the warehouse and reorganizing the business.

When we arrived we had just six changes of clothes and a notebook computer. The original plan was to only stay in the US for 3-4 weeks. When the plan changed, we had to setup a whole new life, a car, a house, furniture, clothes, etc all while working 10 hours a day keeping Buffalo Electronics running smoothly. We were so, so busy for the first few months.

With all this going on and the R&D lab in Thailand the new IRDaudio products could not move forward. As for the released products, we sold out of the Purist v1.01 but still have MB-100s in stock.

My wife applied for US residence and she can't leave the US until she gets her travel document (if she exits the US without it she can't re-enter for 2 years!) . I won't return to Thailand, to pack up the lab, if I have to leave her here alone. I have no family here to watch over her for me.

While we wait the travel document we are working out some changes at Buffalo Electronics. We plan to move IRD's R&D lab to the States this summer. We're moving to a larger building in July. We will keep all production at the factory in Thailand of course.

I will be able to restart some IRDaudio work by fall.

Until then there are MB-100s in stock in Charlotte but the Purist is sold out until I make the v2.0 PCB revision (4-layer pcb!).

I am working on the IRDaudio.com website to get the order page back up. I changed servers and the secure SSL and order form requires different coding, it should be working by next week.

MB-100 orders can also be called in toll free at 1-888-822-2410.

If anyone has questions I'll be checking this forum at least a couple times each week.

Best regards
Curt Wishman

TheChairGuy

Re: IRDaudio Update by Curt Wishman
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2007, 09:46 pm »
THAT'S stress, Curt.

Good to still hear you're standing.

Folks that don't know out there....IRD has been with AudioCircle a long time and the circle fell into disuse because of these issues Curt has had...so we mothballed it (temporarily, if need be).

Regards,

John / TCG  :thumb:

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2007, 10:45 pm »
Curt,

Thanks for posting this very detailed update. I hope that your situation improves as quickly as possible so you both can put all of this behind and move forward!

Cheers

jbgcpa

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 05:13 pm »
Curt,

Sorry to hear about all of the issues you (and your family) have had to face.  I hope you get it all worked out.

I certainly look forward to IRDaudio's return in the fall and especially the release of the audiophile preamp.  I know it will be worth the wait.

I look forward to your updates and a return of this thread to "active" status...

Best regards,
Jack