M Force Bass System

Birdbrain

M Force Bass System
« on: 14 Feb 2018, 01:46 am »
http://www.spatialaudio.us/m-force-bass
Clayton, please tell us more about the new M Force. Is this two of the lower 15"ers from the M3 in an M3 frame? Inquiring minds want to know!

harley.guy07

Re: M Force Bass System
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2018, 04:59 am »
I have been a happy owner of the M3 Turbo S models and i have also built my own sealed sub to use with them that is powered by a pro sound amp with great results but this has me interested. I am a little surprised that this looks just like my speakers without the compression driver so far. I am interested in seeing what you have done with this model that might compel me to change from a sealed sub to a open baffle low end.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • All Tweeters look like a target, then shoot them!
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2018, 05:43 am »
Interesting subs to use with fullrange single drivers,
the $1295 price is per pair?

zybar

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2018, 11:42 pm »
Interesting subs to use with fullrange single drivers,
the $1295 price is per pair?

I am guessing that isn’t a per price, but would be happy to be wrong.

George

WC

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2018, 02:19 am »
Seems like a per unit price. Includes the amp  for the bass unit. Competition with the GR-research OB servo subs.

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2018, 05:21 am »
Sure looks per to me. Seems perfectly reasonable.

It's not really competition for a DIY setup (even if the DIY is as good or better). There aren't a ton of crossover folks between DIY and commercial.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2018, 06:28 pm »
Sure looks per to me. Seems perfectly reasonable.

It's not really competition for a DIY setup (even if the DIY is as good or better). There aren't a ton of crossover folks between DIY and commercial.

Hi Folsom,

Yes, you are correct. The best performing sub on the market is Danny's DIY Servo OB system. We use it as part of our $20K Lumina speaker. A commercial version of the Servo sub would sell for many times the cost of the M-Force, which is the whole point of this product.

By leveraging the M3 chassis, which is produced in high volume, we have a practical platform by which to build a great sounding woofer system at low cost. I am not trying to plum the lowest depths or provide pounding bass with the M-Force design, but rather provide a real improvement to the music experience in two channel music systems. Quality of bass if the name the game here.

We found through testing in 2008, that literally more OB woofers is always better. A 16 x 15" Eminence woofer test in 10ft x 11ft room convinced me that it just gets better. The sound of the entire speaker improves, including soundstaging. So, It is kind of counterintuitive if your only experience is with box subwoofers. Articulation and pitch accuracy, plus great instrument separation. You can clearly hear both the stand up bass and piano individually. Adding one or more M-Force units to a pair of M3s is a revelation and not expensive to do at $1295 each. Adding a single M-Force to M4s creates a full range speaker. With Maggies - oh yeah! Dipole is the only way to go for natural sounding bass. We have a 60 day return policy on the M-Force.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2018, 07:26 pm »
This makes me feel great about my having a pair of Danny's dual 12" servo OB subs with my M3 Triode Masters.  I can testify that as good as the M3 is, it's bass is better when augmented by good subs.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2018, 11:59 pm »
...A 16 x 15" Eminence woofer test in 10ft x 11ft room...

Is this a typo?  Was this two stacks of 4, side by side, per side or were the ceilings somehow crazy tall enough to do one stack of 8 drivers per side?  In a room that size, it almost sounds like you all but built an infinite baffle "wall" of OB driver panels and had to be sitting in a very near field setup to get the drivers far enough from the front walls to make the OB thing work?

I mean, I'm all for "no replacement for displacement", but I'm having a hard time picturing this size/scale of setup in a room this small, unless you really just threw it together for testing purposes?