OPEN BAFFLE SPEKERS ALPHA-15

ANDREY MAXIMOV

OPEN BAFFLE SPEKERS ALPHA-15
« on: 23 Dec 2017, 07:40 am »

EMIMENS ALPHA-15,  BEYMA, HEIL AMT

ANDREY MAXIMOV

Re: OPEN BAFFLE SPEKERS ALPHA-15
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2017, 01:05 pm »
To receive a normal bass, two Alfy15 are necessary. Then we will receive 93db on 40gts!

versus rider

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2017, 04:14 pm »
What is your cut off frequency for alpha 15. I found bracing across the back of the magnet to brace the frame gave a cleaner sound up to 350hz, without, it didn't sound so good and only useable to 200hz.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2017, 05:34 pm »
What is your cut off frequency for alpha 15. I found bracing across the back of the magnet to brace the frame gave a cleaner sound up to 350hz, without, it didn't sound so good and only useable to 200hz.
Great tips, thanks for inform :thumb:

ANDREY MAXIMOV

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2017, 07:49 am »
Frequencies of the section of filters 400gts and 6000gts

versus rider

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2017, 09:47 am »
Frequencies of the section of filters 400gts and 6000gts
you may be ok with 400hz, but as I said you will need to brace the magnet to get good sound quality from the alpha 15 at that frequency.

ANDREY MAXIMOV

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2017, 10:30 am »
you may be ok with 400hz, but as I said you will need to brace the magnet to get good sound quality from the alpha 15 at that frequency.
To fix a loudspeaker magnet?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2017, 07:30 pm »
To fix a loudspeaker magnet?
Seems it was used to change the moving mass cone/suspension resonance freq, I see it first used in the Yamamoto OB:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yamamoto9/speaker.html

versus rider

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jan 2018, 09:33 am »
I think it stiffens the frame and so improves the sound quality. It was someone on here that suggested it some time ago. I don't know the science behind it but it works.

ANDREY MAXIMOV

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jan 2018, 10:39 am »
I think it stiffens the frame and so improves the sound quality. It was someone on here that suggested it some time ago. I don't know the science behind it but it works.
And it is possible to look at the picture or a photo as it is made.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2018, 02:05 pm »
I have never used any support/brace.

Here is another example:

MJK

• Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design
« Reply #11 on: 1 Jan 2018, 02:22 pm »
I am not a fan of the magnet bracing (or magnet mounting) schemes shown above. Basically you are trying to achieve some degree of pre compression between two very stiff members. If there is any relative vibratory motion you will get a rattle as the pieces go in and out of contact. It can be clearly seen in near field SPL measurements of the woofer with and without the brace, my measured results produced a saw toothed ragged SPL response over a frequency band when the brace was engaged in a friends speaker system. The metal woofer frame should be stiff enough on its own to not vibrate/resonate over the range of bass frequencies being reproduced in an OB system. Securing the driver to a stiff baffle using the mounting holes and decent screws or bolts securely tightened should be all that is required.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 1 Jan 2018, 05:26 pm »
I read it change the Fs. I suppose it would be better implemented a device it real wood not steel.