Introducing the NEW Creative Sound Solutions

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
Introducing the NEW Creative Sound Solutions
« on: 6 Oct 2017, 03:56 pm »
Hello all,

My name is Kerry Armes. I'm one of the new owners of Creative Sound Solutions (www.css-audio.com). My business partner, Dan Poinsett, and I recently took over ownership of CSS when Bob Reimer announced he was getting out of the business. We bought the rights to the CSS name and drivers along with all his inventory. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of inventory left, so we out of stock of the SDX10, SDX12, and their matching passive radiators. We have a new order of all of those placed and expect completion sometime mid to late November, so we are estimating an in stock date of mid December right now.

In the meantime, we are actively working on some new kits. We just released a new kit, the Model P215 using the 5" Satori woofer and our LD22 tweeter a few weeks ago and will be release a new (and in our opinion, greatly improved) version of the Criton kit using the LDW7 woofer and LD22 tweeter. We are also working on getting flat packs in stock for these kits and are sourcing a cabinet maker to provide some very nicely finished cabinets.

Our end goal at CSS is to provide offerings to all levels of audio enthusiasts, whether you want to build from scratch, build from a kit, or just get a high end speaker for a reasonable price.

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2017, 04:17 pm by Creative Sound Solutions »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Introducing the NEW Creative Sound Solutions
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2017, 04:48 pm »
Welcome Kerry :thumb:
I glad you came, I love full ranbge drivers :D
This is great new CSS will carryon serve the audiophiles.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2017, 05:06 pm »
I glad you came, I love full ranbge drivers :D

Although I previously owned several speakers with both full-range (CSS FR125) and wide-range (CSS WR125) CSS drivers, there is yet no mention of full-range drivers either in Kerry's post or listed on the new CSS website. ?

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2017, 05:37 pm »
Although I previously owned several speakers with both full-range (CSS FR125) and wide-range (CSS WR125) CSS drivers, there is yet no mention of full-range drivers either in Kerry's post or listed on the new CSS website. ?

We are working on getting the subwoofers back first. Once we have stock of that and our new kits up, we are going to try to bring back some of the other great drivers CSS used to sell along with a couple of new ideas we are working on.

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2017, 01:27 pm »
We just released the new Criton kit this week. I think it’s a significant upgrade over the old version. We’ll be offering upgraded crossovers on there own for anyone who had the old version.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2017, 04:50 pm »
...with a couple of new ideas we are working on.
There is a lack of Hemp cone Alnico magnet FR drivers on the market currently imo. Would be great if CSS bring it avaliable again as raw drivers, it even would be a dual set, a woofer and FR driver to 1.5way as this>
https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/tower-speakers/products/super-alnico-high-output?variant=32197537356

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2017, 06:34 pm »
Welcome!

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2017, 04:47 pm »
We've just released our own high quality speaker cables at affordable prices: www.css-audio.com/cables

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 9 Nov 2017, 02:16 pm »
We are starting a new demo tour of the Criton 1TD v2.0 kit. If you'd like to sign up for a free in-home demo, see our website for more information:

https://www.css-audio.com/single-post/2017/11/06/New-Criton-1TD-Customer-Demo-Program

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 4 Dec 2017, 04:32 pm »
Our first fully finished commercial offering is almost ready for release. More styles and a matching design for the Criton 1TD coming soon. Contact us to reserve your spot on the waiting list.

mcgsxr

« Reply #10 on: 4 Dec 2017, 04:38 pm »
Congrats on picking up the CSS torch and keeping a CDN option alive!

I have built a number of speakers with items from CSS over the years.

Great to see it active!   :thumb:

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 4 Dec 2017, 04:53 pm »
Congrats on picking up the CSS torch and keeping a CDN option alive!

I have built a number of speakers with items from CSS over the years.

Great to see it active!   :thumb:

Well, we aren't actually in Canada anymore. When we bought the company, we moved it to Michigan.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 4 Dec 2017, 05:41 pm »
When we bought the company, we moved it to Michigan.

...aka Southern Ontario.  :P

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #13 on: 4 Dec 2017, 05:47 pm »
Yippee! This is awesome. I always thought that the CSS woofers were a great addition to enhancing <50Hz! Thanks for bringing them back and I look forward to your future drivers...

Best,
Anand.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 4 Dec 2017, 06:03 pm »
Kerry is a good guy and I wish him well with the new business. Any update on how Bob Reimer is doing?

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 12 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm »
Kerry is a good guy and I wish him well with the new business. Any update on how Bob Reimer is doing?

Thanks Rick!

Last we spoke to Bob he said that unfortunately the treatment wasn't going as well as they had hoped. He was supposed to start some new regimens but I haven't heard from him since. That was a couple months ago.

JohnR

« Reply #16 on: 15 Dec 2017, 05:55 pm »
Sorry to hear Bob isn't doing so well. I bought five JX92s off him way back when, and still listen to three of them almost daily (HT fronts).

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #17 on: 15 Dec 2017, 08:32 pm »
Well, we aren't actually in Canada anymore. When we bought the company, we moved it to Michigan.

Where in Michigan (I'm from Michigan too)?

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 15 Dec 2017, 11:45 pm »
Where in Michigan (I'm from Michigan too)?

We’re in the Ann Arbor area. If you’d like to come by for a listen sometime, PM me.

Creative Sound Solutions

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 4 Jan 2018, 02:32 am »
More new developments on the way. Our all new crossover boards make assembling a crossover a breeze and basically eliminate any chance of error. Now shipping with both the Criton 1TD and P215 kits.