Micro iDSD Question

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Micro iDSD Question
« on: 27 May 2017, 03:00 am »
I have one of the first micro iDSDs (I was an Octa adopter). It has worked fine up until the Lone Star Audio Fest three weeks ago. I was using it in a desktop setup with the speakers I was showing when it quit working. I know it was the DAC because when I swapped in a different DAC I had music again.

The multi-color LED on top is now flashing red. What does that mean?

Thanks,

Mike

Pez

Re: Micro iDSD Question
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2017, 06:38 pm »
Generically speaking, any time folks have any operating issues with any iFi gear please let us know here: http://support.ifi-audio.com

We pride ourselves on our product support.

And in the case of your issue here, I do actually suggest starting a support ticket.  :thumb:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2017, 07:29 pm »
Generically speaking, any time folks have any operating issues with any iFi gear please let us know here: http://support.ifi-audio.com

We pride ourselves on our product support.

And in the case of your issue here, I do actually suggest starting a support ticket.  :thumb:

Support ticket created,

Thanks

Mike

Meerkat

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2017, 06:05 pm »
I'm just wondering if you ever got this resolved or not?

http://ifi-audio.com/audio_blog/smartpower-please-feed-the-meaty-monster-part-1/

I once got my micro iDSD into the blinking red light battery critical shutdown state, after forgetting to turn it off on a Friday, when going home from my office. It was residing full time in my work office at the time. An extended recharge took care of it in my case. If that didn't work, perhaps the battery had gone bad.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2017, 02:19 am »
I'm not sure if it is just the battery or if something else is going on. It charged up and worked OK but after awhile it lost the handshake with the computer again. The light went out like it was not getting power. Unplugging it and plugging it back in reestablished the connection just like before. But again, like before it got to a point where unplugging it didn't work.

I have been way too busy since then to do anymore troubleshooting or to followup with iFi. I'll get back to it once my schedule opens up again.

Mike

JDUBS

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2017, 04:02 am »
I'm not sure if it is just the battery or if something else is going on. It charged up and worked OK but after awhile it lost the handshake with the computer again. The light went out like it was not getting power. Unplugging it and plugging it back in reestablished the connection just like before. But again, like before it got to a point where unplugging it didn't work.

I have been way too busy since then to do anymore troubleshooting or to followup with iFi. I'll get back to it once my schedule opens up again.

Mike

Mike, did you ever get this worked out?

-Jim

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2017, 04:39 am »
Jim,

No I haven't had time to work on it any more. I may get around to it at some point but I put a different DAC in the system so I'm in no rush.

Mike