Basement finishing: Zen Wall and Bright Wall?

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Basement finishing: Zen Wall and Bright Wall?
« on: 20 Apr 2017, 07:45 pm »

Has anyone finished a basement using Zen Wall or Bright Wall?

http://www.absfoundationservices.com/services/basement-finishing-solutions-5/?gclid=CJPfx4CGs9MCFQMIaQodGGYLFg

Cheers,
Lester

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Basement finishing: Zen Wall and Bright Wall?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2017, 09:39 pm »
What are they made of?  How much does it cost?  Specialty products like this are usually expensive compared to something standard like fiberglass bass insulated stud walls with drywall.

Could be an advantage in an existing home where the doors/windows/floor are already trimmed out (product looks thin but very hard to tell).  But if thin it can't provide much insulation.  Can it be easily/cleanly taken down if needed?  Are your basement walls in good shape and already moisture treated (lawyers don't let contractors use words like "waterproof").  Is the yard outside sloping away, well drained, and/or sand/gravel?  (Why invest if the basement is prone to get damp/wet?)

When we built 12 years ago with a finished basement (in clay - yuck) we graded the site to drain away from the house, gravity drained the footing drains 80 feet downhill from the house, used 2 foot overhangs all around, put tar on the outside of the poured concrete walls (way better than block walls), backfilled with pea stone, surrounded the house with landscaping fabric/stone, surrounded half the house with a deck, put 6 inch gutters everywhere (bigger than normal), and replaced the standard downspout kick outs with drain tile to move the water 40 feet downhill from the house.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Basement finishing: Zen Wall and Bright Wall?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm »
After living in a older home with freeze buckled walls that I straightened all by myself, installed drains exterior drains this might be what I would install if they really were removable to check on things.

I believe there are made of Fiberglass and seem to have some water diversion property's. 

So I guess the questions is what will your need be?   Just a modular wall system?

I did a G search for the manufacturer to get the real skinny and only came up with installers or leaky basement repair folks.

If you would care to share the reason for the make over as we are assuming this Will be the listening room where all the money goes :thumb: :thumb: