Which Cartridge/Phono/Amps/Speakers/Cables do we use with out WTL spinners?

rob400

• Versalex and Audio Note for the rest
I'd recommend you give the Versalex a listen too.

+1. It has a small sonic edge IMO but expect contrary opinions from many US owners. The Versalex hasn't really taken off there by all accounts. I think the importer might have some influence. UK's John Burns prefers the Versalex. Not sure if he even imports the Amadeus any more. Think it's just 400/Versalex/Simplex. Simon?

sebrof

Anyone know how much the LTD tonearm costs in the US, and can it be fitted to an Amadeus MKII?

Kimiimacman

Anyone know how much the LTD tonearm costs in the US, and can it be fitted to an Amadeus MKII?
That's correct Rob. I've not heard one but one of my directors has GTA and loves it but as yet hasn't compared it to a Versalex.

rob400

I did before buying my Versalex Simon. Versalex just a little better. Very clear little though IMO! Jason Hector (a WT/DV/SH user and former reviewer) feels that way also according to John. My next deck will either be the the 400 Royale or the soon to be released Audio Note TT3. Nothing much between TT2 deluxe and Versalex so it should be interesting....

Kimiimacman

I did before buying my Versalex Simon. Versalex just a little better. Very clear little though IMO! Jason Hector (a WT/DV/SH user and former reviewer) feels that way also according to John. My next deck will either be the the 400 Royale or the soon to be released Audio Note TT3. Nothing much between TT2 deluxe and Versalex so it should be interesting....

Well that will be an interesting shoot-out. TT3 has been slated for some time now, any idea of it's release and price. More than one version? On paper it seems logical but who knows. Have you heard one yet? Do you have to use three separate PS boxes + a control box, if so one would need at least one other rack, maybe two?

K

rob400

I haven't heard the existing TT3 Simon but the belts and braces TT2 is very good. The new TT3 is a total redesign with yes three boxes. I won't buy it without a back to back dem against 400 Royale which I feel will be better at 30% more money. It's going to be summer time but I will report back as and when. In the mean time my Versalex/XV1s never sounded so good through Jinro/ ANE SPe HE combo. The Puresound SUT/phono punches well above it's weight also.

Labpro

Thank you for the feedback.

I'll provide an update and photos on the GTA MkII and EMT S75 cartridge combination once I get things set up and broken in.

Topshelf

• A Well Tempered fan and lover of Tron electronics
I have a well tempered classis that I am led to believe was made in New Zealand back in the day. At the moment there is a Stanton 881s on the arm but I will be changing this for a Nagoaka MP500 soon. This is fed into a diy made and battery powered phono stage. It really does sound quite good but I have my eyes on the new entry level phono from Tron.
        My amp is Australian made and designed by a company called ME. It can comfortably drive the most difficult speakers in the market and I prefer it to a few Dynavector amps I had tried. My pre was a Teddy Pardo pr1 but I recently swapped it out for an ME25 pre which for the cost sounded more dynamic than the pr1. Speakers are Shahinian Arc and cables are from Avondale.
It's quite a simple system and I like a smooth laid back sound it has a great depth and 3D quality I can listen to it for hours.