Order for MacMini power supply

srclose

Order for MacMini power supply
« on: 28 Oct 2013, 09:27 pm »
Hello,

I'm checking on the order of a SR5, placed Nov. 2012.  No word for months.

Stephen R. Close

jhameeh

Re: Order for MacMini power supply
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2013, 04:35 am »
Oh my God, its coming to one year now!

Mine is nearing 5 months of waiting  :( :cry: :( with a promise of 3 months..

Briz Vegas

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2013, 08:45 am »
Hello,

I'm checking on the order of a SR5, placed Nov. 2012.  No word for months.

Stephen R. Close

My guess is that your SR5 is in the batch scheduled before my SR7. This is based on an email I received in early October.  If all has gone well you would have been just about soldered up by now and would be scheduled for soak testing.  Of course a huge storm has just gone through the UK so the tiny island from whence these things are made will probably be without power for the next couple of weeks. 

There is no factory, there is no production line, there is no stockpile.  There is one guy in a windswept cottage in the middle of no where.  Think Lord of the Rings.  Timelines are flexible to say the least in such circumstances, at least that's the way it seems.

I do know someone that just today received his power supply and it would appear the units are shipping in rough order. (Hopefully I get an invite for a demo this weekend). With that and my email I think your SR5 can't be far off. 

PS. I'm just a fellow first time customer that's trying to be helpful.

jhameeh

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:25 am »
^ So i have to add another 7 months of waiting? :o :cry: :cry:

Briz Vegas

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm »
Not necessarily.  This last 12 months involved an operation, slower than expected op rehab and many other issues of various sorts.  There is plenty of history here to read, we'll glimpses anyway.

srclose

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2013, 06:24 pm »
Thanks for the details.  Here's hoping things go well for all concerned.

Stephen

jjh1585

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2013, 07:05 pm »
I waited 497 days for my order (3x SR7). They are fantastic but the wait is frustrating.

liddown

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2013, 07:14 pm »
Coming up on ten months of waiting for my SR3... Hope all is well in Scotland!

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2013, 01:16 pm »
Hi Folks,

I will make this quick as I am actually on holiday this week dealing with some much-needed structural repairs before the winter storms begin and there is quite a lot to do in a short space of time. Work on power supplies etc. will resume next Monday.

Stephen,

I thought I had cleared all the AC SR5 group buy orders from last Autumn. I will check out my records for this order on Monday, when I am back in the office, and get back to you.

Briz,

We still have power so far this time around although Broadband is intermittent as the capacity is grossly under-rated for the needs of the Islands. There is no factory here, just a couple of small rooms with a small production line, an office and a small machine room for metalworking. There is quite a large stockpile of materials for orders in storage boxes all over the place. In fact I keep tripping up over storage boxes. Unfortunately I do not have the ring forged in the darkest depths of Mordor, so I have to suffer the limitations of being just one guy in a windswept cottage in the middle of nowhere. Timelines have to be flexible in these circumstances as a variety of circumstances can affect how work can progress. This is just Life on the Edge in the Western Isles of the Outer Hebrides. This is one of the main reasons I, and my associates, have been working behind the scenes to progress the set up of a manufacturing facility on the mainland. I will have more news about this shortly.

Jjh

Your order delay was a little extreme due to a number of reasons we have already covered. I am pleased you like the power supplies and sorry you had to wait so long.

Liddown,

I think I need to check your order too and will get back to you on Monday once I have checked the records.

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2013, 05:18 pm »
Hi Stephen,

I have found your part-finished order in a box in the store room. Not sure how it ended up there but suspect it was moved from the workshop to make some workspace while waiting for a heatsink as there is no heatsink in the box. I have ordered another heatsink and will complete the build once it arrives, probably next week.

Regards
Paul

Hi Liddown,

I have found your power supply. It is built but I am not sure it has been tested so I have placed it in the test bay for the usual soak test. I will ship it once it passes the soak test.

Regards
Paul

liddown

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2013, 05:29 pm »
Thanks for the update Paul!!! Much appreciated... :D

Briz Vegas

« Reply #11 on: 5 Nov 2013, 09:05 pm »
Hey Liddown, good news fellow traveller   :D.   We ordered at the same time so I can also feel good soon me thinks.

On the ring journey I remember Frodo and Bilbo.  Is Liddown in the next franchise? :lol:

liddown

« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2013, 05:20 pm »
Hi Paul my SR3-12 arrived safely in Colorado last night.... Hopefully I will have it integrated into the system this afternoon!

Thanks again, BTW looks like you live in a most beautiful place.... Lucky man....

srclose

« Reply #13 on: 1 Apr 2014, 09:47 pm »
Paul,

Just wanting to follow up from Nov 13.  Can you provide a current ETA?

Stephen R. Close

Paul Hynes

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 2 Apr 2014, 05:28 pm »
Stephen,

Yes. This will be on the way on Friday.

Regards,
Paul

srclose

« Reply #15 on: 2 Apr 2014, 06:05 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply.  I'm anxiously awaiting.

Stephen