Welcome to Aluminati Sound

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Welcome to Aluminati Sound
« on: 6 Sep 2013, 09:08 pm »
Aluminati Sound is an audio company based in Minneapolis Minnesota. Jas and I are very experienced machinists with many years of designing, prototyping and fabrication skills. With this endless amount of knowledge between us, we can produce products at much cheaper prices than the competition. From tool selection to machines to work holding techniques to buying materials in bulk, run times are reduced to the shortest time possible and this savings is past on to you, the customer.

We get a good laugh when we look around at main stream audio companies, I am sure their products sound great but at the prices they charge, is it really worth all that cash when they put the circuits in a $35 stamped steel chassis....

Our mission is to provide excellent communication with the end customer and the best possible products at the best possible price. We have nothing to hide, you want to see whats inside our amps or know why we did what we did on a certain product, just ask and you will get the honest truth from us.

All of our products ship free to all 50 states, with international shipping being a slight charge.

We hope that you can gives us your trust, support and business in the near future.

Best,
Matt and Jas
Aluminati

jimdgoulding

Re: Welcome to Aluminati Sound
« Reply #1 on: 6 Sep 2013, 09:19 pm »
Best wishes on your endeavor.  What product can be expected from you guys?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2013, 09:28 pm »
Best wishes on your endeavor.  What product can be expected from you guys?

Hi Jim,

We are currently selling our Reference Aluminum Record Weights, which has been a huge success so far, also two different class D stereo amps are currently being produced and many other products are hitting the design board.

Recently we starting the design stage for a mid level turntable for a current client, which we might branch off of this and sell them under the Aluminati name.

Best,
Matt and Jas

ufokillerz

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2013, 01:59 am »
big thumbs up to seeing more of you're awesome work matt, very happy with my hypex ncore400 enclosures you made me!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2013, 02:13 am »
big thumbs up to seeing more of you're awesome work matt, very happy with my hypex ncore400 enclosures you made me!

Thanks for the kind words Ray! I know you and others are very happy with their custom built Ncore's, they were a blast to design and make.

Best,
Matt and Jas

mkcarnut

• Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2013, 12:25 pm »
Matt,

Great to see you take the big leap.  It's been great to see your past products and I look forward to seeing what comes from now.  Your custom nCore cases are amazing, and it was great to see your turntable again last week.  It's a thing of beauty.  I was just in a HiFi shop here in Germany and they had one on display...it was a beauty also...but priced over $12,000 euros!!!

Best of luck with your business!

(And to those who don't know Matt - he's an artist in metal and a great guy, also!)

Mark

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2013, 04:49 pm »
Matt,

Great to see you take the big leap.  It's been great to see your past products and I look forward to seeing what comes from now.  Your custom nCore cases are amazing, and it was great to see your turntable again last week.  It's a thing of beauty.  I was just in a HiFi shop here in Germany and they had one on display...it was a beauty also...but priced over $12,000 euros!!!

Best of luck with your business!

(And to those who don't know Matt - he's an artist in metal and a great guy, also!)

Mark

Hi Mark,

It was great seeing you over labor day weekend in Tennessee!

Your Ncore build was awesome to watch :)

Take care bud!

Best,
Matt and Jas

djoel

« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2013, 12:07 am »
So awesome to see your Artworks becoming a reality for the masses, so a big congrats  :thumb:..I'm a proud owner of one of Matt's menacing face plate for my Emotiva Amp..Purely cosmetic but super cool in my rack.

Good luck my friend

Dan

WireNut

« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2013, 12:46 am »

I'm a proud owner of one of Matt's menacing face plate for my Emotiva Amp..Purely cosmetic but super cool in my rack.

Good luck my friend

Dan

When I saw the custom gold faceplates on Aluminati's website my reaction was :o sweet.  Would look great in silver also, black may not show up as much.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2013, 02:03 am »
So awesome to see your Artworks becoming a reality for the masses, so a big congrats  :thumb:..I'm a proud owner of one of Matt's menacing face plate for my Emotiva Amp..Purely cosmetic but super cool in my rack.

Good luck my friend

Dan

Thanks for the welcome Dan. You will always be a great friend of mine!

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 8 Sep 2013, 02:07 am »
When I saw the custom gold faceplates on Aluminati's website my reaction was :o sweet.  Would look great in silver also, black may not show up as much.

Here are the faceplates before being anodized.

Best,
Matt and Jas

djoel

« Reply #11 on: 8 Sep 2013, 02:09 am »
Thanks for the welcome Dan. You will always be a great friend of mine!

Best,
Matt and Jas

No problem Matt, and thank you :D

Dan

djoel

« Reply #12 on: 8 Sep 2013, 02:25 am »

Hey Wire, mine was silver but the I decided to powder coated in black never mind the baby on top of the amp, she wasn't going to get off the darn thing.

I think it looks pretty devilish  :icon_twisted: I mean the amp not my daughter..

Had a few mishaps loading pics here..but hopefully I got it. :scratch:

Dan

djoel

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #14 on: 8 Sep 2013, 03:08 am »

I must admit that's quite the head turner. Really super   :thumb:

WireNut

« Reply #15 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:07 am »
         Holy shit that looks awesome  :drool:  :inlove:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:30 am »
Hold on WireNut, I need to a get mop to clean up all that drool  :wink: :lol: :D

Machining aluminum is a favorite of mine.

304, 416, 440c, hastelloy, tungsten, titanium and anything above 65 Rockwell hardness are not fun to machine.

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #17 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:36 am »

It even looks like you guys put scallops running down the chamfer at the volume control. Now that's going the extra mile, very cool  :bowdown:   

WireNut

« Reply #18 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:40 am »

Hold on WireNut, I need to a get mop to clean up all that drool  :wink: :lol: :D

Machining aluminum is a favorite of mine.

304, 416, 440c, hastelloy, tungsten, titanium and anything above 65 Rockwell hardness are not fun to machine.

Best,
Matt and Jas

I heard that. I hate hastelloy. I was wondering if you did the outside of the Inferno 200 on an indexer. Anyway, I love it  :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 8 Sep 2013, 04:50 am »
Hi WireNut,

We drew CAD files for those faceplates and Gibbs Cam traced the models with a 1/2" ball end mill. It's called "Sufacing" in Gibbs, don't know if you've done this machining process before. The x,y and z axis move all at once to machine in the features. Pretty much can machine anything.

Don't get me started on 5+ axis machines, they can machine a complete sphere 95% complete! Cool stuff :)

Best,
Matt and Jas