Welcome to the Vapor Audio subforum

standub

Re: Welcome to the Vapor Audio subforum
« Reply #40 on: 27 Feb 2013, 02:20 pm »
Here's a full 5 channel Sundog family shot.  I'll start a thread later detailing more about just what the Sundog is.

Ryan,

I was going to pm you but I'm guessing other would like to know, how much is that center channel?  Also how is it tonally to the cirrus?

wagnju

« Reply #41 on: 27 Feb 2013, 03:18 pm »
Sundog in red dyed Sapelle under gloss with a black painted baffle  :o
oh man , they look great  , I like it a lot  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .
What is the price of these ?

Adhara

« Reply #42 on: 27 Sep 2013, 11:26 am »
Vapor Audio >

Hi,

Is there any distribution in Europe ? Or can we order directly to you (pm discussion) ?
I don't see any "grid" for most of your speakers but I suppose there are available (?).

Is it possible to have weight and dimensions for the center speaker ?

See you!

stlrman

« Reply #43 on: 27 Sep 2013, 01:03 pm »
It's all factory direct sales . Vapor can ship world wide.
Cutting out the middle man saves you thousands!

Adhara

« Reply #44 on: 27 Sep 2013, 01:19 pm »
It's all factory direct sales . Vapor can ship world wide.
Cutting out the middle man saves you thousands!

I'm coming from PSB (S1) and want to move to "smaller" speakers like Stiff Breeze.
As I can not hear Vapor oversea, I'd like to have some feedback about them (yes I read already some reviews).

But PSB S1 are so "high level" speakers (for their price range), I don't want to be disappointed.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2013, 02:33 pm »
Vapor Audio >

Hi,

Is there any distribution in Europe ? Or can we order directly to you (pm discussion) ?
I don't see any "grid" for most of your speakers but I suppose there are available (?).

Is it possible to have weight and dimensions for the center speaker ?

See you!

Yes, we can ship to Europe and have done so many times.  Please do send me a PM and we can discuss your setup. 

Also yes, grills are possible on any of our speakers.  And we also have a Center Channel available to match the Stiff Breeze.  The Sundog Center is about 19" long end to end, 10" deep, and 9" wide and weighs about 35 pounds.  The Stiff Breeze center is 20" long, 14" deep, 8" wide and weighs 47 pounds.

HiroPro

« Reply #46 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm »
Funny you should ask that question.  The stand bases have cutout sections of ultra-refined MDF (Plum Creek) that just happen to be perfect for a small monitor that uses a 4.5" woofer and small flange dome tweeter (CSS LD25X).  Maybe as the weather turns nicer the first prototype will finally see daylight.   :green:

Are you working on any designs using the LD25X?

HiroPro

« Reply #47 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm »
Yes, we can ship to Europe and have done so many times.  Please do send me a PM and we can discuss your setup. 

Also yes, grills are possible on any of our speakers.  And we also have a Center Channel available to match the Stiff Breeze.  The Sundog Center is about 19" long end to end, 10" deep, and 9" wide and weighs about 35 pounds.  The Stiff Breeze center is 20" long, 14" deep, 8" wide and weighs 47 pounds.

Does the stiff breeze center have the same time aligned front baffle and how does that affect off axis horizontal performance?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #48 on: 14 Feb 2014, 09:27 am »
Are you working on any designs using the LD25X?

The LD25X is no longer in production, but we never had plans for a speaker to use it.  The LD22 has replaced the LD25.  I happen to have a couple of the LD25X but never got around to using them, though I may still make a couple micro monitors as the weather warms.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #49 on: 14 Feb 2014, 09:30 am »
Does the stiff breeze center have the same time aligned front baffle and how does that affect off axis horizontal performance?

The Stiff Breeze center is the same as the regular Stiff Breeze with the only change being the tweeter orientation rotating 90 degrees.

Horizontal dispersion with all MTMs is limited by the cancellation caused by the woofers as you move off axis.  A 30 degree horizontal window is about all you can expect from a horizontal MTM regardless how well the tweeter disperses its frequencies.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #50 on: 14 Feb 2014, 01:17 pm »
"Horizontal dispersion with all MTMs is limited by the cancellation caused by the woofers as you move off axis.  A 30 degree horizontal window is about all you can expect from a horizontal MTM regardless how well the tweeter disperses its frequencies."

Pete,

Thank you for this information. I have seen several references in various threads talking about using a TM speaker as the center channel. [In each case I assumed the center channel was upright.] Is this used instead of a horizontal to improve dispersal?

Just before hitting the reply button, I had this picture flash into my mind. If one wanted the 4 ohm/higher sensitivity in the center (but wished to avoid the horizontal cabinet), does it make any sense to create a more or less square cabinet which contains 2 midwoofer drivers on the bottom and 2 tweeters above? (Just curious.)

Best...

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #51 on: 28 Feb 2014, 11:37 pm »
"Horizontal dispersion with all MTMs is limited by the cancellation caused by the woofers as you move off axis.  A 30 degree horizontal window is about all you can expect from a horizontal MTM regardless how well the tweeter disperses its frequencies."

Pete,

Thank you for this information. I have seen several references in various threads talking about using a TM speaker as the center channel. [In each case I assumed the center channel was upright.] Is this used instead of a horizontal to improve dispersal?

Just before hitting the reply button, I had this picture flash into my mind. If one wanted the 4 ohm/higher sensitivity in the center (but wished to avoid the horizontal cabinet), does it make any sense to create a more or less square cabinet which contains 2 midwoofer drivers on the bottom and 2 tweeters above? (Just curious.)

Best...

A TM with vertical alignment of drivers will have the most uniform off axis response in the horizontal plane.  That's why many center channels that have a pair of woofers will also use a small format mid and tweeter in a vertically aligned configuration so that they can push the crossover point down for the two horizontally arranged drivers.  But if two woofers are required, it would make more sense from a horizontal dispersion standpoint to put the two woofers right next to each other with the tweeter sitting in between and above the woofers.  Two tweeters side by side will make the situation worse due to the short wavelengths involved.  But such an enclosure is visually distracting by being more of a chunk instead of the slender look people expect. 

The limited horizontal dispersion of a sideways MTM will only be an issue if you sit well outside the mains.  If you're sitting in the middle, as on a couch, you shouldn't notice any issues on any of the couch seats.

dbx

« Reply #52 on: 6 Apr 2016, 04:44 pm »
Oops... I wrote something here which belongs in a different post.  I dont know how to delete this entry.

Nothing to see here in this post...

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #53 on: 6 Apr 2016, 04:48 pm »
Oops... I wrote something here which belongs in a different post.  I dont know how to delete this entry.

Nothing to see here in this post...

No worries ...