Floorstanding Eilish Now Available

Shamrock Audio

« on: 12 Jun 2004, 05:59 pm »
The floorstanding version of the Eilish is now available. You can order it through our online ordering system by simply checking a box. Initially this will simply add $100 to the price of the Eilish speakers - at least through the end of June. We may need to adjust that price a bit in the future, but for now we think that's fair.

I'm a bit undecided as to whether we should name it and offer it as a separate product, or leave it as an upgrade option. We'll consider the options and how each will fit into our marketing strategy. Nevertheless, for now we think that for $100 it's a good option for you.

Emil

« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2004, 06:23 pm »
Great news!

I would think the floor standing model will extend the low frequency response?

Looking foward for more info on the floor standing Keelin.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2004, 07:35 pm »
Quote from: Emil
Great news!

I would think the floor standing model will extend the low frequency response?

Looking foward for more info on the floor standing Keelin.

Hi Emil,

Actually, while it's common to think that, the additional baffle area will have only a minor effect on over-all extension. You may gain a couple of Hz in terms of real extension, but it's mainly the shape of what's often called "baffle step" that's affected. This may well seem like greater extension. Another reason it can seem as if there's more bass is if the lower cabinet remains undamped. Many floorstanding speakers employ little (if any), bracing to damp the large panels. The Eilish has 3 shelf braces in the lower section to minimize panel vibrations.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2004, 08:22 pm »
Here's an ugly pic of the floorstanding Eilish. These are finished in some mahogany veneer that wasn't being used. I'll try to get better pics soon.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2004, 06:12 am »
Mike , That really is a strange color  :? . Good luck with the new  floorstanders!! Your question about naming it something else, I'd leave it as the Eilish, with options to be built as a standmount or (at extra cost) a floorstander speaker. All the best !! :)  . . .(I didn't mention the crate once this time :lol: )

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2004, 03:32 pm »
Actually, it's the camera operator that's strange. Even beginner photog's have little to fear. :oops:

Of course the veneer doesn't look anything like that. The even odder color at the bottom of the cabinet is a reflection from the board underneath it. :roll:

I'll try to get something better today and post it.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2004, 06:07 pm »
Okay, continuing the tradition of high quality pix from yours truly, here's a couple more. While these pix have obvious problems (centered mainly on the guy who took them), they do show the color of the veneer better.  :wink:

westcoast

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2004, 10:43 pm »
Yes, now THAT looks like mahogany!!  Nice speakers, Mike  :)   So... how do they sound?  Comparisons with the stand mount Eilish??

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2004, 03:55 pm »
Quote from: westcoast
Yes, now THAT looks like mahogany!!  Nice speakers, Mike  :)   So... how do they sound?  Comparisons with the stand mount Eilish??

Hi,

Good thing I'm not a photographer, eh?  :roll:

Differences? Not as pronounced as one might think. Due to furniture restrictions these are in a slightly different position than the stand-mounts. Any differences are subtile enough to be easily attributed to a slightly different position. Since the enclosure volume/tuning wasn't changed the effects of the larger baffle area (in one dimension only), should be and are subtile. If it were otherwise there would be something wrong.

Best regards,