New Omega's Are Here! And Now New Decware Mystery Amp!

nature boy

Re: New Omega's Are Here! And Now Decware Mystery Amp!
« Reply #20 on: 24 Feb 2017, 09:13 pm »
100 hours on the speakers now.  My Decware Mystery amp and Jupiter Beeswax capped CSP3 preamp are on the bench being built by Steve.  Yahoo!!!!

NB
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2017, 07:14 pm by nature boy »

Louis O

Re: New Omega's Are Here!
« Reply #21 on: 3 Mar 2017, 06:52 pm »
Hi nature boy,

Thanks and great news. I'm very interested in hearing about the combo. I'm very happy you're enjoying them and great working with you.

Your speakers are about the best looking I've done and thanks for the opportunity for making the Birds eye maple/ cherry 2 tone. I'm going to put them on the website.

Thanks again,
Louis

nature boy

« Reply #22 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:27 pm »
Louis,

The speakers have almost 200 hours on them now.  They have really opened up and sound incredible.  Excel in dynamics, tonality, and truthful to the recordings.  Imaging is out of this world.

My Decware Mystery amp and CSP3 preamp are getting QC'd in Peoria at this time.  Hopefully I'll have them by late next week to begin the burn in process.

I am currently spinning the 25th Annivesary Graceland album on my TT.  The sound is absolutely stunning on your Omega SAHO's.  The wait for these speakers was well worth it X10!

NB

nature boy

« Reply #23 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:30 pm »
I'll post my impressions on the Mystery amp - Omega SAHO's on AC after some ample burn in of the amp and preamp. 

NB

milford3

« Reply #24 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:37 pm »
Great looking Omega's.  I love the two tone finish.  Imaging is the forte with Omega's. Enjoy.

nature boy

« Reply #25 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:45 pm »
You can really hear deep into recordings.  Singers breathing, small noises on lived recordings, etc.  While listening to a live recording on CD last night I could easily hear guitar amps slightly buzzing that I never heard in my system before.  Vocals are renedered with incredible accuracy.  Wow!

NB

MarkR7

« Reply #26 on: 3 Mar 2017, 07:57 pm »
That is all great to hear NB! I have put my order in with Louis for a pair of SAM HOs, that will be replacing my already fantastic single driver SAMs.

Just when you think it can't get any better!!  :thumb:

nature boy

« Reply #27 on: 17 Mar 2017, 07:13 pm »
Happy St. Patty's Day.  My Decware Mystery amp (The Beast) and CSP3 preamp with Jupiter Beeswax caps just arrived.  They have been unboxed and will be set up tomorrow morning, after they get a chance to warm up a bit.  Dang cold outside and these babies have been traveling in a UPS truck from Peoria, IL since Tuesday.  I am trying to exercise some restraint and not blow any tubes on initial set up.

Pictures and initial impressions of the pairing with my Omega SAHO XRS speakers to follow tomorrow.  Wonder what I'll be dreaming about tonight. 8)

NB

jorgen

Re: New Omega's Are Here! And Now New Decware Mystery Amp!
« Reply #28 on: 19 Mar 2017, 11:30 am »
Should be awesome! I really can't see how you can not open every box, connect all cables and experience the first sound of a great system. I do not have your patience, even though your reasons are logic. Looking forward to hearing your impressions

cwc68

« Reply #29 on: 20 Mar 2017, 12:07 am »
I am on the bandwagon. 
I have ordered the Decware Rachael.  He told me 11 weeks.  85 ahead of me  :roll:
They will power Super 3 HO, also two tone, walnut and birdsEye.  They should come first, only 6 weeks there. 
I wonder if that combo will be as nice as yours.
Excited to get it set up.
Looking forward to reading about your system further. :D

nature boy

« Reply #30 on: 20 Mar 2017, 08:26 pm »
Update: Well unfortunately there will be a delay in sharing my observations of the Mystery amp - Omega SAHO speaker combination.  There is a noise issue with both channels of the new amp.  Sent a video to Steve Deckert and it's a new one for him.  So the amp's heading back to Decware for what will hopefully be a quick technical diagnosis and necessary repairs.  Decware makes returns very easy, UPS will pick up tomorrow.

My trusty little Zen amp will perform duties until I get the Mystery amp back.  BTW the CSP3 preamp sounds terrific.  Jupiter beeswax caps and tubes are still burning in, but the preamp is exceptionally quiet, detailed and musical.

NB

jorgen

« Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 2017, 10:11 pm »
Do you find that csp improves the sound of the Zen? Curious because I have to consider a pre for my Decware mono amps. I made the mistake of not checking inputs, and it turns out they only have one, and a pass-through (I only glanced at pictures and thought there was two)
I like my Decware products and would probably prefer their pre

Very sad to read about the Zma and hope they fix it soon

nature boy

« Reply #32 on: 20 Mar 2017, 10:40 pm »
Well the Decware CSP3's SQ improves on my Eastern Electric Minimax by a wide margin even without full burn in.  It only has two source inputs, so you would need a Decware switching box for more than two sources.  I got my CSP3 preamp with Jupiter beeswax caps and stepped attenuator upgrades + a cherry base.  It's a sharp looking piece.  The only thing I don't like is the positioning of the on/off switch between near the rear of the preamp.  It's tough to reach on my rack.  Build quality is first rate and I understand it's a tube rollers dream.  Easy to modify the sound changing rectifier and output tubes.

NB

nature boy

« Reply #33 on: 11 Apr 2017, 09:39 pm »
So my apologies for the lack of an update on the Mystery amp and Super Alnico HO XRS speaker pairing.  Turns out my amp had a problem which Steve Deckert has now fixed.  The amp should be back in my system in a little over a week.  Until then my trusty little Zen is performing musical duties.

Stay tuned.

NB

pursuitofnow

« Reply #34 on: 12 Apr 2017, 04:12 am »
Hey NB, how do you like the zen through the Super Alnico HO XRS? I've been considering the Super 3 HO XRS and wonder how the alnico would sound as well? I'm currently using some Dayton speakers rated at 96db and my se84ufo sounds very good in my 15' x 15' room. I'm using an Omega sub but have wondered if I wouldn't need it with those Super Alnico HO XRS?

nature boy

« Reply #35 on: 12 Apr 2017, 11:45 am »
Hey NB, how do you like the zen through the Super Alnico HO XRS? I've been considering the Super 3 HO XRS and wonder how the alnico would sound as well? I'm currently using some Dayton speakers rated at 96db and my se84ufo sounds very good in my 15' x 15' room. I'm using an Omega sub but have wondered if I wouldn't need it with those Super Alnico HO XRS?

The Zen amp and Omega HO speakers are a really great match.  Given your room dimensions I would also consider some rio treatments. 

NB

stellablues

« Reply #36 on: 12 Apr 2017, 04:49 pm »
I am very interested to hear your thoughts on the mystery amp vs the zen. I have a mystery amp for the last 2-3 years and have my super 8xrs on order. I'm curious if the mystery amp is too much power and missing anything from the magic department or if its close to the zen. I don't really want to buy another amp at this time...