What music have you WATCHED recently? (DVD - DVD-A - Blu-ray)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
For me, I've come to love the following discs for their superb quality in not only musicality, but also visual perfection.

- Chris Botti - In Boston (Blu-ray)
Great audio. Nice treats to see the the various "special guest" musicians play with Chris.

- David Gilmour - Live at the Royal Albert Hall (Blu-ray)
Audio is great, the video is everything a Bluray should be.

- Pink Floyd in Concert - PULSE (DVD)
Very well done, all around.

- Diana Krall - Live in Paris (DVD)
Can't go wrong here. Well done in all respects.

I'd put the Blue Man Group - "AUDIO" up there pretty high as a DVD, but it's a DVD-A, so the video is more of a slide show.
Visually, it's not much to look at, but acoustically it's amazing from a multichannel standpoint.

Fun to watch, with good audio and video is the Harry Connick Jr. "Live on Broadway" DVD

My most recent purchase might just be my most prized concert/musical video.
If you're into Bluray and Blues, this one is a two disc treat with 40 songs.
The 2010 "Crossroads Guitar Festival". Great ausio and video both. Plus, it's just a lot of fun to watch.
Check out this playlist (sorry it's so huge, but I know most audio guys are old and have poor vision)

How about you?
Any nice one's out there we "need" to see?

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

This is a bit older but just bought it. Video is great, Audio quality is great on my setup..

cmndrums

Last night I watched on DVD "Charlie is my Darling" by the Rolling Stones. I checked it out from the San Antonio Public Library. It was good, but left me wanting more. I definitely preferred it over "Gimme Shelter".

jimdgoulding

The complete Monterey Pop Festival.  Lots of stuff that didn't make the movie.  How Paul Butterfield was overlooked is criminal to me.  Not the latest youth music, I suppose.  Lyra Nyro has a beautiful little number.  Etc, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2013, 10:29 pm by jimdgoulding »

liddown

Neil Young - Journeys - Blu ray.... Raw at times, but there is always something about Neil that draws me in.... Great guitar and lyrics.....