Want to buy OB Servo plate amps and drivers

nntien

Want to buy OB Servo plate amps and drivers
« on: 22 May 2015, 06:48 am »
I read the theory of servo sub and am very interested in the idea how the subs work. I want to buy the used OB servo plate amps and drivers to DIY my sub as I don't have much fund to buy new.

If you are planning to upgrade your system and want to release your used ones, please kindly inform me or email me at tien.mec@gmail.com.

I am sorry to have this post here. If my post is not relevant, please delete.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2015, 01:27 am by nntien »

Danny Richie

Re: Want to buy OB Servo plate amps
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2015, 02:53 pm »
The lower priced HX300 amp is available: http://gr-research.com/hx300.aspx

nntien

Re: Want to buy OB Servo plate amps
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2015, 03:47 pm »
Hi Danny

I am thinking of building the subs for my 2 channel music system. My initial idea is to build 2 sealed 12" driver subs. Then reading on a lot of posts here in this forum, I get more interested in OB subs.

Could you tell me if I should build 2 1x12" sealed boxes or 2x8" OB? My listening room is 3mx7m. I can place the subs far from back wall, so no problem with OB setup. My main speakers have 1x7" woofers. My main concern is if the 2x8" will have enough SPL for listening. My favorite music is classical.

nntien

Re: Want to buy OB Servo plate amps and drivers
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2015, 06:02 am »
I have found this to answer my question already.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129651.0
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112798.40
Thanks Danny for your information on the above threads.

hifibuff

« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2015, 10:45 pm »
What is the difference in sound quality between the HX300 vs the A370PEQ? I do know that the HX is a Hypex vs the A370 is class A/B. Does the PEQ make that much of a difference? The $100 each is not much in the whole scheme of things, but it pays for a woofer.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2015, 10:50 pm »
What is the difference in sound quality between the HX300 vs the A370PEQ? I do know that the HX is a Hypex vs the A370 is class A/B. Does the PEQ make that much of a difference? The $100 each is not much in the whole scheme of things, but it pays for a woofer.

This is really an issue of which drivers you intend to use. The HX300 is for the 8" servo drivers while the A370PEQ is for the 12" servo drivers.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2015, 12:42 am »
This is really an issue of which drivers you intend to use. The HX300 is for the 8" servo drivers while the A370PEQ is for the 12" servo drivers.

Actually they both work well with the same drivers.

The HX300 has less power, less features and flexibility, and cost less to produce. So it sells for less.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2015, 01:26 am »
Actually they both work well with the same drivers.

The HX300 has less power, less features and flexibility, and cost less to produce. So it sells for less.

Guess I it that wrong. I thought the A370's were too much for the 8" drivers, that you could use them but if you weren't careful you could blow the drivers

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2015, 03:32 pm »
Guess I it that wrong. I thought the A370's were too much for the 8" drivers, that you could use them but if you weren't careful you could blow the drivers

Actually they can more than handle the power, but if you force them to play real low and real loud then you can bottom them out.