Shareplay on BDP-2

Slanski62

Shareplay on BDP-2
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 10:20 pm »
Can anyone explain the secret to Shareplay?  In MM settings, I have it checked and it says ready.  On my iDevice, I'm playing pandora.  I have the output set to airplay to device BDP:00:03:2d:1f:f4:e4.  There's no audio coming from my iDevice, but the BDP-2 is silent also.  What could I be missing?  Thanks for any help.

Steve

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Shareplay on BDP-2
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm »
Can anyone explain the secret to Shareplay?  In MM settings, I have it checked and it says ready.  On my iDevice, I'm playing pandora.  I have the output set to airplay to device BDP:00:03:2d:1f:f4:e4.  There's no audio coming from my iDevice, but the BDP-2 is silent also.  What could I be missing?  Thanks for any help.

Steve

Are you using a USB DAC?

Cheers
Chris

Slanski62

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:09 pm »
Yes I'm using a psaudio direct stream via USB

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2014, 01:02 am »
Yes I'm using a psaudio direct stream via USB

That would be why, this feature only outputs via AES/EBU and bnc.  We have yet to update the firmware for USB, it is coming with the release of the BDP-1USB.

Cheers
Chris

yyz

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2014, 04:59 am »
So the BDP-1USB will work with the PS Audio DS? I am getting the DS and was thinking the BDP-1USB or a CAPS Zuma PC.

Linux vs Windows Server 12 with AO.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2014, 04:50 pm »
So the BDP-1USB will work with the PS Audio DS? I am getting the DS and was thinking the BDP-1USB or a CAPS Zuma PC.

Linux vs Windows Server 12 with AO.

We havn't tested one, but it appears to be a standard class 2 USB Audio device and should work.

Cheers,
Chris