NFL Football ('14-'15)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #180 on: 19 Oct 2014, 04:34 pm »
Late for everything today so a quick run down:

I had New England over the Jets 27-20, with the Jets covering the 9.5 point spread, big deal, easiest pick of the year.

Washington over the Titans 24-20, taking the under 47 points.
Seattle over the Rams 27-19, taking both the Hawks giving the 6.5 points and the over 43.5 points.
Green Bay beats Carolina 27-20, I like the under 49.5 points here.
Detroit even without Johnson over the hapless Saints 24-21, making the under 47 points attractive.
San Diego is better than KC, despite Andy's record after a bye, 27-23 Chargers taking the over 45 points.
The Giants will stay close to Dallas, but loses 24-19, take the under 47.5 points.
Arizona cruzes past Oakland 27-20, give the 3.5 points and take the Cardinals.
Denver vs San Fran should be a barn burner 31-25 score with Payton beating the tatoo guy, take the over 49 points.
Sinking Pittsburgh may eak out a 21-19 win over Houston, but take the 3.5 points and the Texans.

These games are too close to take a side:
Indy over Cinncy 27-24.
Chitown beats Miami 27-21, but I refuse to bet anything on Cutler, ever.
Cleveland takes a slightly improving Jacksonville 25-19.
Baltimore should fly past Atlanta 28-21, but both teams are unpredictable.
Surging Buffalo over the floundering Vikings 24-18.

Happy footballing, gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #181 on: 19 Oct 2014, 06:55 pm »
I've really had it with these crappy, worthless, ridiculous NFL officials.  They just threw an Indianapolis D lineman out of the game for contacting an official.  The player very obviously wasn't directing anything at the official, he was pointing at the other player and the ref walked in the way.  The only thing worse is listening to that mealy mouthed former official Cary apologizing for the ref's blown calls week after week.  And what went on with that punt call in the Seahawks-Rams game?  I'm really sick of the refs thinking we're watching the games to see them throw flags, let 'em play.

rodge827

« Reply #182 on: 19 Oct 2014, 07:26 pm »
Hey, give a guy a whistle and... :roll:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #183 on: 19 Oct 2014, 08:10 pm »
Looks like my ex student Colt McCoy may have found himself a starting qb job... for maybe a week or two.  He sure looked poised bringing the Deadskins back to beat the Titans.  I'm always watching his career. Nice kid that grew up into a good man...  a rarity in the NFL.

Freo-1

« Reply #184 on: 19 Oct 2014, 08:22 pm »
Jackman, you are fortunate I didn't take you money when you offered if up   :lol:

The Lions are FINALLY winning games they use to lose.  They are in first place, by virtue of their beating Green Bay. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #185 on: 20 Oct 2014, 05:42 pm »
The Broncos trounced SF yesterday. Next Thursday SD comes to Denver and 10 days later Denver visits Foxboro. If the Bronkies win both of those games, they will be 7-1 with a series of patsy games to follow. It looks good for 12 wins or more and a tiebreaker over every other contender in the AFC except Baltimore. Of course, they will have to play SD and KC again but should have a better division record than either.
Barring a devastating series of injuries, they are looking good for the Super Bowl. Who will they play? Seattle? Dallas? Philly? GB?
Arizona?

chip

« Reply #186 on: 20 Oct 2014, 06:06 pm »
Barring a devastating series of injuries, they are looking good for the Super Bowl. Who will they play? Seattle? Dallas? Philly? GB?
Arizona?

Depends on what team(s) are playing better towards the end of the season.

Doublej

« Reply #187 on: 20 Oct 2014, 06:57 pm »
I've really had it with these crappy, worthless, ridiculous NFL officials.  They just threw an Indianapolis D lineman out of the game for contacting an official.  The player very obviously wasn't directing anything at the official, he was pointing at the other player and the ref walked in the way.  The only thing worse is listening to that mealy mouthed former official Cary apologizing for the ref's blown calls week after week.  And what went on with that punt call in the Seahawks-Rams game?  I'm really sick of the refs thinking we're watching the games to see them throw flags, let 'em play.

If you think you can do a better job feel free to apply...

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #188 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:06 pm »
The NFL looks very corrupt to me. An honest man would not survive the vetting process to work as a referee.

Can anyone explain to me why hacks like Jerome Boger and Jeff Triplette keep their jobs?

Freo-1

« Reply #189 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:18 pm »
The Broncos trounced SF yesterday. Next Thursday SD comes to Denver and 10 days later Denver visits Foxboro. If the Bronkies win both of those games, they will be 7-1 with a series of patsy games to follow. It looks good for 12 wins or more and a tiebreaker over every other contender in the AFC except Baltimore. Of course, they will have to play SD and KC again but should have a better division record than either.
Arizona?

Detroit, maybe??? :o   :wink:

It's a bit tongue in cheek, BUT, the Lions do have the #1 defense in the NFL.  If any team can keep Peyton Manning contained and running for his life, it's the Lions.  Just ask Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees.    :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #190 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:07 am »
My God how the Houston Texans suck.  I was livid that they took Clowney in the draft.  They have a defense already, dammit, especially with Brian Cushing coming back with JJ Watt.  What they didn't have and still don't is a quarterback.  This guy has been a back-up on five different teams.  They shoulda had some daring and taken Manziel instead of Clowney.  Of all the top contenders in the league at this moment all have good QB's.  If I know that how the fuque did that escape Houston's front office.  Oh, maybe they thought JJ Watt was gonna score 2 touchdowns a game.  Seriously pathetic management from their GM and coach.  I know what I'd do if I were the owner tho maybe he is part of the problem, too. 

S Clark

« Reply #191 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:15 am »
Just got a nice email from Robin/Satfrat.  He basically said "How bout them Cowboys!"  :thumb:
And as for Houston, they are just not a very good team.  Lots of things need to happen for them to be contenders again.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #192 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:49 am »
If you think you can do a better job feel free to apply...

No, but I do have a solution.  Two referee strikes ago, the NFL brought in the college refs and it was heaven.  They let the guys play and nothing horrible happened, just that the games became enjoyable to watch.  Then the pro refs came back off of their strike and it got bad again, calling all kinds of stupid, ticky tack, penalties that destroy both the flow and integrity of the game.  Remember this was not the last strike, which was horrible with the minor league refs they plugged in, but two strikes ago with the best of the college refs. 

The solution is nothing less than a complete overhaul.  Tear the whole thing down and rebuild it, it's that broken.  Fire the refs and disband the competition committee, use college refs in actuality, or as a model in how to have a functioning corp of quality referees.  Of course it will never happen, which is why there's no hope for any relief.  Oh well, in a perfect world....

Oh, and Go Steelers!!!  What a miracle, thanks for the early Christmas gifts Houston.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #193 on: 21 Oct 2014, 02:49 pm »
Your welcome, Let.  Houston sucks.  It took Dallas long enough to begin mixing their attack.  They like to got Romo killed and most fans had dismissed him- like me- as a game manager.  But, with their "O" line and running personnel, they are a full blown contender and they've made me hopeful.  I liked that Seattle game more than I liked a Dallas game in a decade.  And their still going.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #194 on: 22 Oct 2014, 03:43 am »
Yeah Jim, Murray is a fine running back, but has anyone else noted the size of the holes he's running through?  I hope he's picking up the dinner tab for those guys, he owes that and more to the O-line.  Unless Romo snags it first, excellent pass blocking too.

Now the question is can he keep up the pace that has him breaking every record for carries this year.  I think not, they're going to have to spell him way more than they have been, or live without him at the end of the season.  I think it's a disgrace the way they're using up this young man.  I hope they come to their senses and replace the win at all costs mentality with common sense.  Of course nothing could be better for the Eagles than having him beat up for the end of the season, but is there no view for the future down there?  Poor resource management.  Oh yeah, it's Dallas, never mind, I understand now.

S Clark

« Reply #195 on: 22 Oct 2014, 04:03 am »
It's not just Dallas, most (all?) clubs have a history of using up a good back.  The only one that I know of that intentionally limited a HOF back to add to his longevity was with Tony Dorsett, but there aren't many coaches with the long term outlook or the confidence of the front office of a Tom Landry. 

As far as disgraceful, let's talk about the Eagles fan that stole a disabled vets prosthetic leg at the game a week or two ago. That's low.  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/prosthetic-leg-of-signing-vietnam-vet-stolen-by-philadelphia-eagles-is-found-134011968.html;_ylt=AwrBEiShLUdUC1wAcg1NbK5_

jackman

« Reply #196 on: 25 Oct 2014, 02:22 pm »
Jackman, you are fortunate I didn't take you money when you offered if up   :lol:

The Lions are FINALLY winning games they use to lose.  They are in first place, by virtue of their beating Green Bay.

Yep, the Lions are playing with more maturity and playing good defense. I'm still not sold on the Lions but they have improved nicely.  I'm even less sold on the Bears but look forward to the Pats game tomorrow. This has been a crazy year and the games have been fun to watch except for Bears home games!

jackman

« Reply #197 on: 25 Oct 2014, 02:30 pm »
Detroit, maybe??? :o   :wink:

It's a bit tongue in cheek, BUT, the Lions do have the #1 defense in the NFL.  If any team can keep Peyton Manning contained and running for his life, it's the Lions.  Just ask Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees.    :lol:

Detroit is the second best team in a weak division, Denver is crushing opponents and looks to be the best team in the game. Manning is playing better than ever and Denver is playing very good defense.  I don't see a high stopping Denver but the Cowboys would be a fun matchup.

Freo-1

« Reply #198 on: 25 Oct 2014, 02:35 pm »
Detroit is the second best team in a weak division, Denver is crushing opponents and looks to be the best team in the game. Manning is playing better than ever and Denver is playing very good defense.  I don't see a high stopping Denver but the Cowboys would be a fun matchup.

Defense wins championships.  Detroit's defense is definitely better than Green Bay's.   I think they have as good of a shot as any other team at this point. 

Lots of football left, so we will see how it all shakes out.  8)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #199 on: 25 Oct 2014, 02:49 pm »
It's not just Dallas, most (all?) clubs have a history of using up a good back.  The only one that I know of that intentionally limited a HOF back to add to his longevity was with Tony Dorsett, but there aren't many coaches with the long term outlook or the confidence of the front office of a Tom Landry. 

As far as disgraceful, let's talk about the Eagles fan that stole a disabled vets prosthetic leg at the game a week or two ago. That's low.  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/prosthetic-leg-of-signing-vietnam-vet-stolen-by-philadelphia-eagles-is-found-134011968.html;_ylt=AwrBEiShLUdUC1wAcg1NbK5_

No, that's the point.  Murray is on a record breaking pace for carries.  In other words no other team, ever, has run their running back more.  In fairness, last week they did spell him for a series, one hopes the trend continues, at least Dallas fans should hope.  Other teams that face the Cowgirls later in the year, not so much.  Other backs and coaches that took care of them, like Franco Harris and Chuck Knoll to Lesean McCoy and Chip Kelly?  And Prolly a zillion others in between.  C'mon man.

And talk about cheap shots, one fan does a stupid, insensitive thing.  The same article lauded the Philly fans for their respectful restraint when Cruz was injured.  At least Philly players don't steal underwear.  Really, underwear?  Could it be more embarrassing?   :lol: