Problem with B100-SST

ricki4

Problem with B100-SST
« on: 1 Apr 2007, 11:45 am »
Hi,

The power light blinks on my B100-SST and I had to turn off and turn on the amp.

It happens 3 times in the last month. I had this problem last year the next day I bought this amp and the dealer sent it back to Bryston for repair.

I’m thinking of adding the onboard DAC in my B100-SST but the power light blinking problem bothers me a bit.

Are there someone who have the same problem like me.

Ricki4

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Problem with B100-SST
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2007, 01:38 pm »
Hi,

The power light blinks on my B100-SST and I had to turn off and turn on the amp.

It happens 3 times in the last month. I had this problem last year the next day I bought this amp and the dealer sent it back to Bryston for repair.

I’m thinking of adding the onboard DAC in my B100-SST but the power light blinking problem bothers me a bit.

Are there someone who have the same problem like me.

Ricki4

HI,

The B100 SST is software driven so usually if you have a problem with flickering or freezing or shutdown it is because of issues on the power line.

If the Voltage fluctuates or drops below a given threshold the B100 will shutdown to prevent any software problems. Try using a different power circuit and see if that helps.

ricki4

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2007, 05:12 pm »
Hi James,

I notice that the problem of power light blinking is occurred when I touch my volume spot (changing a CD or a DVD), or when I plugged my headphone into the B100-SST, I see the little spark and got a static shock. 

My B100-SST power cord was plugged into the wall outlet, I will try to plug it into my 1100 Monster power bar.

See you at Montreal 2007 FSI April 13.

Thanks

Ricki4

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2007, 08:06 pm »
Hi Ricki,

If your getting a static discharge when you touch the B100 then the humidity in your room must be very low.

The electrical discharge can play having with the software.

james

niels

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2007, 11:02 pm »
Noticed that Bryston has a firmware for the B100 on their netsite, what does this change in B100 compared to the original one ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2007, 12:05 pm »
Noticed that Bryston has a firmware for the B100 on their netsite, what does this change in B100 compared to the original one ?

Hi Neils,

More RS232 control for those custom guys.

james

niels

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2017, 09:54 am »
This is a very old thread but anyway, I am having a problem with my B100 SST-DA. I didnt use it for a while but forgot to take the power from it, now I went to dust it off and its not working.
I had some spikes, or undervoltage maybe earlier that would shut down the amp, you then turned it on again and it would be fine.
Now there is nothing, took the power from it a few minutes and checked the fuse, put power back in and it doesnt react.
What else can be wrong here?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2017, 12:58 pm »
This is a very old thread but anyway, I am having a problem with my B100 SST-DA. I didnt use it for a while but forgot to take the power from it, now I went to dust it off and its not working.
I had some spikes, or undervoltage maybe earlier that would shut down the amp, you then turned it on again and it would be fine.
Now there is nothing, took the power from it a few minutes and checked the fuse, put power back in and it doesnt react.
What else can be wrong here?

Hi Niels

Contact Mike Pickett please - it may be a memory issue.

mpickett@bryston.com

james

niels

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2020, 04:45 pm »
Hardly dare using this amplifier anymore! I send it to Bryston Canada about a year ago, which cost me a fortune, did not tell my wife about this! I mentioned that one of the rear speaker post plastic screws was broken also but that did not get fixed. They said they changed the digital power supply and send it back to me and since then I have hardly used it.
It happened again, it just shuts down, red light is on and you have to take the power from it and connect it again to make it work. This scares me and I honestly have a very heavy paper press now, dont dare use it. Sorry to say I cannot afford to send it to Canada and it is really disappointing.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2020, 03:37 pm »
niels,

no dealer/distributor near you who can do it?

al.

niels

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2020, 10:50 pm »
Well, its bought in Oslo, Norway, and now I live in Spain and here in Spain they did not want it, it was either Oslo or Canada so I send it to Canada, cost me 400$! Will see what to do....will test it for a while untill its dead again. Have no problems with anything else in the house connected to the electricity!

R. Daneel

« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2020, 10:43 am »
Well, its bought in Oslo, Norway, and now I live in Spain and here in Spain they did not want it, it was either Oslo or Canada so I send it to Canada, cost me 400$! Will see what to do....will test it for a while untill its dead again. Have no problems with anything else in the house connected to the electricity!

Hello! Were you able to discover something new?

Please tell me, did you buy this amplifier new or used and how old is it?

Cheers!