Delusional Nice People

Folsom

Re: Delusional Nice People
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:39 pm »
Ken is correct on all points.  He highlights the basic problem with the "high-end" audio industry and why it will (ultimately) fail.

Or succeed, because they're entertaining the market that actually makes purchases... it doesn't matter why they're purchasing if they're happy and supporting the business they like.

I will say it's annoying how many independently very wealthy people make companies as fun projects. They skew the market and perceptions big time... while usually not making very good gear that looks pretty.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:40 pm »
James, the authors stated "dream" is to get rid of or reduce the number of audio manufacturers.Do you agree?
 Is Bryston feeling the heat from the competition?

Is this why you posted this? Being eclipsed by next generation manufacturers with immersive audio and MQA DACS? I have seen your customers complaining about "long in the tooth" products. why did you post this article and start such a discussion?

Hi

I think we build honest products at honest prices with integrity- so I have no concern that we will disappear any time soon - but I have been wrong many times in my life.

james

i posted it because I think we all need to have as much open dialog as possible when it comes to our industry.

Folsom

« Reply #22 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:41 pm »
I doubt you're going anywhere, too.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #23 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:41 pm »

Is this why you posted this? Being eclipsed by next generation manufacturers with immersive audio and MQA DACS? I have seen your customers complaining about "long in the tooth" products. why did you post this article and start such a discussion?

Why are you trying to be a psychiatrist?

You should stick to what you do best, professionally -- a shill for MQA DACs.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #24 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:48 pm »
This thread is likely headed to the bin with the other threads this guy trolls.
Or where you troll.

Which, incidentally, he doesn't even have.

witchdoctor

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:54 pm »

I am a fully certified withdoctor and I never claimed to specialize in psychiatry, since you are in need of help I will refer you to a shrink  :green:

witchdoctor

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jun 2017, 05:56 pm »
Hi

I think we build honest products at honest prices with integrity- so I have no concern that we will disappear any time soon - but I have been wrong many times in my life.

james

i posted it because I think we all need to have as much open dialog as possible when it comes to our industry.

I know, but this guy wants to eliminate the majority of your competitors, I am asking how you feel about your competition being eliminated as the author is proposing.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 1 Jun 2017, 06:00 pm »
I know, but this guy wants to eliminate the majority of your competitors, I am asking how you feel about your competition being eliminated as the author is proposing.

i do not think he is hoping 1/2 goes away - I think he was just making a point that there are lots of players and some will not be able to survive as the market in his opinion is shrinking.

james

zoom25

« Reply #28 on: 1 Jun 2017, 06:00 pm »

Why would anyone want to promote uselessness in a Bryston Circle?

Like MQA :rotflmao:

mav52

« Reply #29 on: 1 Jun 2017, 06:23 pm »
Yep some talk MQA up, some don't. 

Me I personally don't care how much audiophile gear cost, or get upset because someone bought a $8,000 IC cable or a $50k pair of speakers, who am I to judge them, I say have fun with your own hard earned money cause you can't take it with you.  And if some manufacturer has the next best thing and it cost X # of dollars, I tell someone else, stop complaining and go make it yourself and sell it..

witchdoctor

« Reply #30 on: 1 Jun 2017, 06:53 pm »
i do not think he is hoping 1/2 goes away - I think he was just making a point that there are lots of players and some will not be able to survive as the market in his opinion is shrinking.

james

As for the market this is your profession and I leave that to you. I am sure you follow those numbers very closely.
As for the author he stated it was "his dream" was that manufacturers just go away. What a dumb thing to say in an article written for this market. If you are going to "dream" why not dream that the demand for high quality audio goes up? Why not dream that although prices are coming down volume is going up?
I think it is incredibly dumb for someone in the industry to dream about its destruction rather than its growth, remember, this is not his forecast, its a DREAM, Just too dumb. His intention is obviously to troll because he lacks anything interesting to write about.

witchdoctor

« Reply #31 on: 1 Jun 2017, 06:55 pm »

Hey Zoom25 thanks for asking. Please check the reviewers circle for my review on my new MQA streamer. It is da bomb!

zoom25

« Reply #32 on: 1 Jun 2017, 07:18 pm »
Hey Zoom25 thanks for asking. Please check the reviewers circle for my review on my new MQA streamer. It is da bomb!

Glad you're enjoying the Bluesound Node. Ultimately that's all that matters. Enjoy!

restrav

« Reply #33 on: 1 Jun 2017, 07:25 pm »
... EDIT

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #34 on: 1 Jun 2017, 07:33 pm »

james

Not a lot of North American made companies..
One of the reasons I BOUGHT Bryston is due to it is made in North America.
Also Bryston is pretty much midstream in the price range of audio stuff.
Same as the other North American made products.
Bryston, Audio Research, McIntosh, VAC, Pass.. All of these companies are selling products with distinctive design flavors.

veloceleste

« Reply #35 on: 1 Jun 2017, 07:57 pm »
What does one value and what are one's values?

witchdoctor

« Reply #36 on: 1 Jun 2017, 08:02 pm »

Elizabeth

« Reply #37 on: 1 Jun 2017, 08:12 pm »
Branding or actual reality of the products?
Branding might get you a first sale by folks who know nothing. But it is not going to get much in repeat sales unless the actual value behind/in the product matches the branding.

witchdoctor

« Reply #38 on: 1 Jun 2017, 08:22 pm »
Branding or actual reality of the products?
Branding might get you a first sale by folks who know nothing. But it is not going to get much in repeat sales unless the actual value behind/in the product matches the branding.

Did you read the article? If the product reality doesn't match your brand you have very low "brand equity". All brands wish long term repeat customers. Now if you want to talk execution that is atopic for a new thread.

Witchdoctors know branding, our patients depend on us :lol: :thumb:

Elizabeth

« Reply #39 on: 1 Jun 2017, 08:29 pm »

Did you read the article? If the product reality doesn't match your brand you have very low "brand equity". All brands wish long term repeat customers. Now if you want to talk execution that is atopic for a new thread.

Witchdoctors know branding, our patients depend on us :lol: :thumb:
Well, what does YOUR branding mean?
You seem to say you are a 'witchdoctor', and have repeatedly made that assertion. But what does it mean besides you like exotic nonsense and a little mystery?
The claim would never get me to trust you. Or to value your 'expertise'.
(not even in matters pertaining to the occult)
You 'branding' seems to be just made up gibberish to make some dummy think you are cool.