Piano M2

50jess

Piano M2
« on: 7 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm »
I heard about a new Virtue Piano M2 by next year?  How would it be different from the current Piano M1?

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Piano M2
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2011, 04:08 pm »
We will know soon.  My wish list for M2 includes the ability to allow NOS, bypassing the op-amps, using batteries (24v), and most importantly, a bullet-proof transport (5% of ours fail over time and must be replaced).  Fundamentally it will work the same and the remote will work the same.

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm »
Oh wow. Sounds like a very ultra sort of player. That would give me good reason to move up from the Emotiva... You're gonna have me with an all Virtue system one if these days.

ltr317

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm »
Oh wow. Sounds like a very ultra sort of player. That would give me good reason to move up from the Emotiva... You're gonna have me with an all Virtue system one if these days.

Repeat after me: Virtue, Virtue, Virtue, Virtue, Virtue....  :lol:

50jess

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm »
We will know soon.  My wish list for M2 includes the ability to allow NOS, bypassing the op-amps, using batteries (24v), and most importantly, a bullet-proof transport (5% of ours fail over time and must be replaced).  Fundamentally it will work the same and the remote will work the same.
When you say NOS, do you mean tubes?

ltr317

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2011, 11:10 pm »
When you say NOS, do you mean tubes?

I think Seth means non-oversampling.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2011, 05:46 am »
yip, non-oversampling.  i like the oversampling... smoothes things out.  but some prefer "in the buff."

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2011, 05:50 am »
My ERC-2 has 384* oversampling, part of the reason it can plan any disc you put in there, even all scratched up.

I, however, take excellent care of my cd's, so your approach is interesting.