Help VMPS RM30 series 2 upgrade

sfrounds

Re: Help VMPS RM30 series 2 upgrade
« Reply #20 on: 18 Aug 2017, 11:11 pm »
Thanks again for your help, its really been my pleasure.

Yes, the Piano black cabinets were purchased from Pat and arrived in perfect condition.

The CSS Passives are being manufactured again by a new company that purchased them. Their website is up and running for pre-orders. I will go back to my saved folders and post the link to the website maybe later tonight for anyone interested.

Your comment on leaving the old pair and building the new pair is exactly what I wish I could do.  Unfortunately without at least 4 more neomids, I just cant do it. DARN!!  So if you check your stash or stock, I am really hard pressed to buy four more neomids in sound condition from you or anyone, and are willing to pay top dollar for them within reason of course.

Thanks for the crossover info also....that helps.  there's no concern about building new ones myself and will just draw out the crossover circuit from my existing pair with all actual component measurements, and consult Jeff or whoever for advice.  I looked at the clarity caps a while back and were surprised that they were really not expensive in comparison.  You say you have a spare crossover for a pair of 30"s. If you're willing to part, I may be interested. If so, tell me a bit about them, or not.

You have been very helpful, and I thank you. Everyone has helped me on this site and I love it!  I am trying to be as resourceful as possible to get the parts I need, and have done okay so far.

I am 61 and have had a few pair of VMPS in my arsenal over the years along with just tons of others. I have always had a passion for VMPS and Innersound/Sanders stats which I also have in a second system. I told my wife I wanted to build or buy another pair of speakers that would be my final pair, and I chose the RM30's. When I think back, I don't think there was any other speaker that I truly enjoyed listening to as much as them. So, that's what brings me where I am now.

Here is something off subject. I was always telling my wife that some day I would love to make it to RMAF. To my surprise, about a month ago, I came home from work and there were plane tickets to Colorado, and a 2 day pass to RMAF this October....can't wait... i am hoping to have a chat with a long time buddy Roger Sanders and if really lucky, just maybe I'll catch up with an old friend Frank Alles from Stereo Times Magazine.

Please let me know about possible purchases of neomids, or crossovers....Steve