Stereo Maraschino (King Version)

smargo

Stereo Maraschino (King Version)
« on: 23 Mar 2017, 03:35 pm »
so i have had the stereo maraschino since february 16th - so i think i can speak to what it offers with some clarity - The focus that it brings to music is very good - the bass is well defined with absolutely no over-hang

I really cant tell if im listening to a push pull  tube amp, solid state ab amp, solid state class a amp - or a triode single ended amp. because all i hear is music - not so much whats in the chain of equipment. Its the best amp i have heard of up to $3000 - I cant speak to more than that - because my experience is limited.

The amp just delivers music - pure and simple - you can say all the not so good  about digital amps - but this one im telling you is special. It does deliver - its easy to hear how special this amp is.

It doesnt have a remote, it doesnt have a 2nd set of inputs - ouch! - But both vinyl and cd and downloaded files sound really good

I forgot to mention the rhythm and pace - you dont even notice them - because they are so right on.

mfsoa

Re: Stereo Maraschino (King Version)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2017, 10:27 pm »
Nice writeup, Smargo  :thumb:

I've been living with a Stereo Maraschino for a few weeks now, powered by one of the 48V supplies from my mono Maraschinos.  The thing really does sound amazing. I'll likely move to using an STM full-time and sell my conventional analog preamp.
Such a tiny little box and out comes this great stuff!

I had the pleasure of spending several hours in the home of a gracious audiophile who usually runs Golden Maraschinos (60V) on his KEF Blade 2s. Holy shit what great speakers.  We hooked up an STM and frankly I was amazed how close it came to the monos. The owner of the system holds his monos pretty dear and said, no, he still prefers them, but hell the STM gave no indication whatsoever that this tiny, $1000 amp was out of place driving $25,000 speakers. It was amazing.

-Mike

smargo

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2017, 02:32 am »
  The thing really does sound amazing. I'll likely move to using an STM full-time and sell my conventional analog preamp.
Such a tiny little box and out comes this great stuff!

-Mike

Whats really nice is that you can tell it sounds really good - no bs'ng yourself here. your right - such a little box - compared to some giant behomoths - who what have thought?

jseipp

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2017, 02:33 am »
I've had two pairs of inline Maraschinos since their debut, now driving two very different sets of speakers, and I couldn't have said it any better.  I haven't for a moment troubled over solid state versus tubes versus hybrid versus anything -- the Maraschinos just make beautiful music.

I am also not an equipment expert, but I know that Tommy has music in his soul.

uncola

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2017, 06:06 am »
this might be a dumb question, but is there a way to bypass the volume knob in the stereo maraschino if you already have a preamp you like? 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2017, 09:19 pm »
this might be a dumb question, but is there a way to bypass the volume knob in the stereo maraschino if you already have a preamp you like?
Some users drive the STM with a preamp and just leave the volume all the way up, so there's no need to bypass.  Thanks.

smargo

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2017, 05:51 pm »
Some users drive the STM with a preamp and just leave the volume all the way up, so there's no need to bypass.  Thanks.

also you may like your preamp with a solid state or tube amp - but you may not like the preamp with the stereo maraschino - just saying - there are no guarantees - totally different animal

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2017, 04:59 pm »
We'll soon be down to 24 hours left....

As rewards, we have amazing deals on:
    - Linear Power Supplies for Maraschino amps (new product)
    - DAC DAC (TL or HS)
    - KING Stereo Maraschino
    - MEGAschino and Classic-to-MEGAschino upgrades (new product)
    - Golden Cherry (top of the line Maraschino) and Golden Cherry Upgrade (for KING Maraschino owners)
    - Maraschino Module Development Kit (new product for OEMs and DIY)
    - USB to SPDIF Converter (new product)
    - Dual 60V 1kW Maraschino power supply upgrade
    - INSIDER White Paper (only $4)
    - In-Line Maraschino ("hanging" Cherry)
    - KING In-Line Maraschino ("hanging" Cherry)

Here's the link again:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/maraschino-video-series

DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY !  Thanks for your support.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Review of 36V Stereo Maraschino
« Reply #8 on: 5 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm »
Some thoughts on the 36V Stereo Maraschino....

"....Detail in spades, great tonal balance, imaging, sound stage, deep controlled bass, and exceptional mid-range...."
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154805.msg1656102#msg1656102

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2019, 05:23 am »
These threads on Audio Circle also mention tubes vs Cherry....

"SHATTERED GLASS … No more tubes – Class D all the way baby and loving it!"
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154294.0

"The Honeymoon Ain't Over Yet..."
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156310.0

"Does the Cherry Amp sound like tubes ????"
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=107837.0

"Switching from tubes to Cherry -- benefits"
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=166206.0