B60 preamp vs BP6

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: B60 preamp vs BP6
« Reply #20 on: 27 Nov 2016, 01:30 pm »
Hi James!

Could you please post a photo of the rear panel of a recent B60 version? Just trying to see which speaker terminals it is using - the transparent ones or the red/black ones.

Cheers!
Antun

Hi

Not sure if I have one but will look I assume we would be using the new clear ones.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #21 on: 27 Nov 2016, 03:32 pm »
Hi

Not sure if I have one but will look I assume we would be using the new clear ones.

james

Hi James!

Well, if you find the time, please post it here.

Much appreciated Sir!
Antun

OTM

« Reply #22 on: 27 Nov 2016, 05:35 pm »
mine has the clear speaker terminals
David

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 28 Nov 2016, 04:02 pm »
Hi James;

I don’t have one to photograph today, but I can confirm that the B60 uses the same waterclear posts as the other current production amps.

Thanks,

Mike

R. Daneel

« Reply #24 on: 28 Nov 2016, 05:08 pm »
Hi James;

I don’t have one to photograph today, but I can confirm that the B60 uses the same waterclear posts as the other current production amps.

Thanks,

Mike

Wow! Cool! James, thank you so much!

If I may ask, how often do you receive a request to build a B60? I imagine it might be more popular overseas where folks don't require a lot of Watts. I could be wrong though.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 28 Nov 2016, 05:28 pm »
Wow! Cool! James, thank you so much!

If I may ask, how often do you receive a request to build a B60? I imagine it might be more popular overseas where folks don't require a lot of Watts. I could be wrong though.

Cheers!
Antun

Hi Antun

It is not a big seller as the B135 has become much more popular.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #26 on: 28 Nov 2016, 07:20 pm »
Hi Antun

It is not a big seller as the B135 has become much more popular.

james

Yes, well, people like convenience and B135 is more convenient as everything is remote-controlled. WHat I find quite fascinating about the B60 though is it's "manual" nature as all of the controls are mechanical. I think that gives it a predisposition to be more reliable than most other amplifiers and it's virtually impossible to find an amplifier like that today.

Cheers!
Antun

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #27 on: 28 Nov 2016, 07:47 pm »
I liked my B60 enough to send it in for upgrades, but I also have a thing for 1U rack gear. I'm perpetually intrigued by the B135 though...

R. Daneel

« Reply #28 on: 29 Nov 2016, 10:24 am »
I liked my B60 enough to send it in for upgrades, but I also have a thing for 1U rack gear. I'm perpetually intrigued by the B135 though...

Hi! What kind of an upgrade?

Cheers!
Antun

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #29 on: 29 Nov 2016, 09:03 pm »
Hi! What kind of an upgrade?

Cheers!
Antun

Mine was an older model I sent in to be upgraded to the SST output devices (plus it was time for a general checkup anyways). If you dig down a couple pages you'll find a thread I made about it. The 2B's can be upgraded in the same way.

R. Daneel

« Reply #30 on: 3 Dec 2016, 06:32 pm »
Mine was an older model I sent in to be upgraded to the SST output devices (plus it was time for a general checkup anyways). If you dig down a couple pages you'll find a thread I made about it. The 2B's can be upgraded in the same way.

Hi!

Oh yes, I read that thread! It's what got me interested in the B60. It seems like a lovely little amplifier.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #31 on: 22 Jun 2017, 03:57 pm »

I first visited Altronics Stereo 2000 in Toronto a few months back on a whim. While the store is unassuming on the outside, when you get in, it is a hi-fi paradise. The store is a magical place filled with some of the finest components I’ve ever seen, shelved floor to ceiling. I’ve been shopping for hi-fi since I was a teenager and I’ve never experienced anything like Altronics. I only wish I had discovered them sooner.

Ron and Rob know their stuff and helped me downsize my large tube amp to a Bryston B60 integrated that is more suitable to the scale of our family room. It is the best sound I’ve heard in my home. Although the B60 is the entry level Bryston, it does exactly what it is suppose to do: switch sources and raise and lower the volume without adding any colour of its own. The built in phono stage is fabulous too - competing well against others costing much more.

I would have never thought of Bryston without the guidance of Ron and Rob. In this day and age were so much hi-fi is being sold on line by people who appear to know little about what they are selling, it is refreshing to work with a local dealer who has a passion for what they sell and a love of the community they serve.

Chris