VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #860 on: 27 Oct 2017, 02:04 pm »
VMPS 626R Bookshelf speakers  -  (Mill Creek, WA)  $650

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/d/vmps-626r-bookshelf-speakers/6357089767.html

"Selling my second pair of VMPS (big) bookshelf speakers, as I don't have the room that I used to have. I was using them as surround sound speakers in a home theater setup, but they could be for 2-channel, or they could be front channel speakers. They are that good. Any of you who know the VMPS company, and the VMPS sound know what I'm talking about. These things will handle all kinds of music, from soft classical to heavy metal. The midrange panel is the star of the show, and the vocals are killer, but really, it's pretty balanced throughout. And you can tailor the sound with the tweeter and midrange adjustments on the back to suit your particular system.

Now a word about aesthetics. The fit and finish on these speakers is substandard - which is why they are being priced as they are. It doesn't really show from a few feet away (like in the pictures), but if you get up close, you will see that the cabinetwork is nothing special. I knew that when I bought them (used) 5 years ago or so, but I really didn't care. I just wanted the VMPS sound. So if you have a place/system where the speakers don't need to be a showcase, these will fit the bill.

Please - No Lowballers, this is a great price for speakers of this caliber. Also, I'm selling b/c I have too much audio gear, so No Trades. Buyer pays shipping, I pay PayPal.

From the VMPS website:

April 2001 saw the introduction of the QSO 626 Ribbon, a rear-ported three-driver design of the highest available sonic quality. Indeed the 626R is perhaps the best-sounding small system you can buy, despite its low price (for which we apologize - compare the 626R against those $10,000 minimonitors and hear what we mean). The 626R fetures our exclusive Neo midrange panel, with new FST ribbon tweeter with flat response out to 25 kHz.
Cabinets are 61 cm tall, slender (25 cm wide), and feature round vertical edges, flush mounted drivers, and slotted antidiffraction masking of the tweeter for optimum dispersion in either the horizontal or (with masks rotated 90 degrees) vertical planes. The ported woofer design delivers high power handling and bass extension heretofore unheard in this price range (-3dB at 42 Hz / 1 W drive, no more than 5% THD, with port output clean to 35Hz).

Specifications
Bass: - 16 cm (6″) WCF Megawoofer bass, rear reflex loaded
Mid: - rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8″) Neo ribbon, 280 Hz - 6.9 kHz
Treble: - FST, 6.9 kHz - 30 kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity: - 8 Ohm (5.6 min.) 90 dB/1W/1m
Power handling: - 150 W rms /4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response: - 42 Hz-25 kHz +0/-3 dB
Dimensions & Weight: - 61H x 25W x 33D cm, 18 kg (24″H x 10″W x 13″D, 40 lbs)
Output levels and distortion: - max. 1% THD fullrange / 1 W, max. 110+ dB SPL / 1 m
Finishes: - standard lite oak, dark oak. Optional MLS rosewood, african ebony, maple, piano black

How to get the most out of the 62R's
1. Break in for 100 hours. We do 24h at the factory.
2. Use a solid or baffled stand that puts the upper part of the mid panel at ear height.
3. Once 1 and 2 are taken care of make microadjustments of the level controls for maximum clarity. Factory settings are about 1:30, but on your equipment may be that 1:15 for the mid and 1:45 for the tweet are ideal. You'll soon find out.
Your CD's, both bad and good, will sound a lot better when you're done."

Stimpy

« Reply #861 on: 27 Oct 2017, 02:07 pm »
Speakers VMPS IIa/r  -  (Auburn, CA)  $600

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers-vmps-iia/6361260317.html

"The pair of speakers work well. There are 2-15" and 3-12" drivers for each side. They are big in both stature and in sound. These speakers are a must see/listen."

Stimpy

« Reply #862 on: 5 Nov 2017, 05:27 pm »
Audiophile speakers, VMPS ST/R awesome & rare, LOOK  -  (Terrell, TX)  $1000

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/audiophile-speakers-vmps-st/6367034194.html

"Selling, reluctantly, my VMPS Super Tower/R speakers due to lifestyle changes. I have owned them since 1992 and were upgraded in 2012 prior to passing away of Mr. Brian Cheney, owner designer of VMPS, Itone Audio. All foam suspensions are in excellent pliable condition. No damage to speaker suspensions, at all. The 15" bottom woofers have been upgraded to newer VMPS woofers with phase-plugs acquired from an AudioCircle VMPS owner. The slot loaded 15" passive radiators have been tuned to accurate 20Hz response for a large room. The foam-rings around the Morel mids have deteriorated, but I have brand new rings to replace them with, just have not had the time. I also have the original knobs for the speaker adjustment pots. In 2012, with the help of Mr. Cheney over the phone, the fullrange/Biamp toggle switches have been bypassed and x-over caps were replaced with higher grade audiophile replacement capacitors. High end jumper wires are included in sale. One speaker grill cloth has a 1/4" sized hole, but is hard to see and show in a picture. Original paperwork also included. I have taken excellent care of these rare loudspeakers, hopefully the new owner will do the same. Not much else to mention, a lot of info available over the internet, just Google. Any question? Please email me, that is the best way to contact me. $1000.00 cash and carry. Must pick up in Terrell. Will gladly demo with prior appointment. These will remain hooked up to my system until sold. BTW, I am open to trade offers for highend audiophile grade subwoofer/s. Ad will be promptly deleted when sold. Thank you in advance!"

Stimpy

« Reply #863 on: 5 Nov 2017, 05:42 pm »
VMPS LARGER Subwoofer OAK  -  (Century City, CA)  $399

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/d/vmps-larger-subwoofer-oak/6349873233.html

"I have a VMPS LARGER Subwoofer for sale. In OAK Cabinet.

OAK also has a 15" ULTRA-Mega Passive Passive Radiator and 12&15" MEGAWoofers - $399"

thepianoman04

« Reply #864 on: 10 Nov 2017, 09:43 pm »
I just found this post for the Widerange Ribbons.  Pretty impressive!  Thanks to the OP!

I inherited my dad's VMPS Wide Range Ribbon speakers and have been trying to find pictures of others who have them.

I was told by a friend of mine that there were roughly only 9-11 pairs ever made of this first run.

Would love to get more information on these speakers. They still sound amazing and I grew up as a kid never knowing how awesome my dad's speakers were until he passed away and I learned to appreciate how rare & special these first gen Brian Cheney speakers are.

They are currently bi-amped with McIntosh MC-200 & MC-300. Music setup is true 2.0 channel listening. Also have them integrated into a 7.1 surround sound setup as well.

ZAKski288

« Reply #865 on: 11 Nov 2017, 05:36 am »
Cool speakers.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2017, 12:04 am by ZAKski288 »

Stimpy

« Reply #866 on: 23 Nov 2017, 02:42 am »
VMPS Super Tower/R Special Edition Super Tower III  -  (PHOENIX, AZ)  $695

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/vmps-super-tower-special/6329178848.html

"Collector speakers. I have a set of VMPS Super Tower/R Special Edition Super Tower III speakers that I have owned since new. I was the local VMPS dealer prior to Brian Cheney's death. These speakers are in excellent condition and work perfectly. Original retail was over $4,000.00. I am also including a set of au24 e Audience Jumper Cables which would normally go for over $300.00.

I will not ship these are they are very large."

Stimpy

« Reply #867 on: 23 Nov 2017, 02:48 am »
REPOST & PRICE DROP

VMPS Large Ribbon Center Speaker (Center Channel)  -  (Century City LA, CA)  $449

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/d/vmps-large-ribbon-center/6380754009.html

"Maybe the BEST Center Channel Speaker available at the price. You will NEVER hear CLEARER Dialogue. Finally you can hear what is being said.

This is the BCSE (Brian Cheney Signature Edition with Macassar Ebony MLS Cabinet, TRT Caps, and other upgrades."

Stimpy

« Reply #868 on: 23 Nov 2017, 02:57 am »
VMPS NEW SUBWOOFERS  -  (hercules, pinole, san pablo, el sob, CA)  $150

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/vmps-new-subwoofers/6379281315.html

"New Misco 10 and 12 inch carbon fiber subs. $100- 150 ea. many new and used."

thepianoman04

« Reply #869 on: 23 Nov 2017, 02:30 pm »
Hey Revg1952,

I apparently can’t send personal messages so here is my reply to your message. If you reply again please do so to my personal email jarrettlmccullough@gmail.com thanks!

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure about whether these are the original strathearn ribbons or not but I do know my dad had the original 2 subwoofers that came with this set but he later replaced them with a pair of newer VMPS larger subs which I have but aren’t in the setup in the picture. I also know he had some woofers go out and replaced them with the newer woofers pictured. He of course replaced them in pairs and eventually they were all replaced with newer woofers. He may have even replaced 1 or both of the super tweeters. Don’t think he’s messed with the strathearns though. One of these days I will post a video with a good audio recording with a zoom to do my best to show how awesome these speakers still sound!

/mp

« Reply #870 on: 10 Dec 2017, 01:46 pm »
RM40
Asking Price: $950.00
Milford , MI, 48381

For sale a pair of VMPS RM40 hi end audio ribbon loudspeakers. The
speakers were purchased from the original owner about three years ago
and are in excellent condition. They are in perfect working order!! They
have the updated carbon drivers and FAST super ribbon tweeter. They are a
great sounding speaker. (The grills frames are not perfect but the
fabrics have NO tears or holes at all)  They weigh 240LBS each and stand 6 feet tall.  Local pick up only.
The original retail for the pair was 5,570.00 I'm selling them for 950.00 again they are in perfect working order  Thanks Mike 248 284 5047
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-40-2017-12-10-speakers

/mp

« Reply #871 on: 10 Dec 2017, 01:52 pm »
Is there a feature to scale images down to a more reasonable size or must one do it manually & upload it (which then cannot be enbigened)?

Stimpy

« Reply #872 on: 11 Dec 2017, 03:10 pm »
Is there a feature to scale images down to a more reasonable size or must one do it manually & upload it (which then cannot be enbigened)?

If I need to resize a picture, I do it manually.  I use Irfanview.  It's free, and offers very good editing features, if not the easiest to master.  Also, be sure to download the Plug In's file too.  It has an extension for Web publishing, that helps a lot.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Test:

/mp

« Reply #873 on: 11 Dec 2017, 07:19 pm »
Thanks Stimpy. Already have IrfanView. It's been around since Win95. Access to the original large image is lost if the image is shrunk. Anyone interested can follow the link to the original post in the future. 
Nicely priced speakers.

Stimpy

« Reply #874 on: 11 Dec 2017, 09:45 pm »
Thanks Stimpy. Already have IrfanView. It's been around since Win95. Access to the original large image is lost if the image is shrunk. Anyone interested can follow the link to the original post in the future. 
Nicely priced speakers.

You'd be surprised at how many people that don't know about Irfanview.  So, I'm glad you use it.

Also, great price on those 40's.  GLWTS.  And is the Iron Man print included in the sale?   :D
« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2018, 02:28 am by Stimpy »

/mp

« Reply #875 on: 12 Dec 2017, 02:39 am »
You'd be surprised at how many people that dodn't know about Irfanview.  So, I'm glad you use it.

Also, great price on those 40's.  GLWTS.  And is the Iron Man print included in the sale?   :D

GLWTS, Good Luck With The Sale? They're not mine. Saw it on A'gon.

Stimpy

« Reply #876 on: 12 Dec 2017, 03:28 pm »
GLWTS, Good Luck With The Sale? They're not mine. Saw it on A'gon.

I thought they were your 40's.  Sorry!  Regardless, they sold yesterday!  But, the same seller has a pair of 626's too.

Stimpy

« Reply #877 on: 12 Dec 2017, 03:43 pm »
VMPS QSO-626se  -  (Milford , MI)  $750

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-vmps-qso-626se-2017-12-10-speakers

"For sale a pair of VMPS 626R hi end ribbon loudspeakers. They have the
carbon drivers and FAST super tweeter. They are in perfect working
order!! They play and sound fantastic. The speaker fabric is near
perfect, no tears or holes at all. They weigh 45 LBS and retailed for
1600.00 when new.

I purchased them from the original owner three years
ago. The really are fantastic sounding. Selling them for 750.00"

Stimpy

« Reply #878 on: 30 Dec 2017, 12:26 am »
Speakers VMPS IIa/r  -  (Spring Hill/Tampa Bay, FL)  $1600

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ele/d/speakers-vmps-iia/6439364818.html

"Complete and excellent working condition with all original drivers - See photos for specs

These will handle any amp from high to lower powered amps with 100 db sensitivity - Max output of 132 decibels

Thinning out collection to make room"

Stimpy

« Reply #879 on: 30 Dec 2017, 12:38 am »
REPOST

VMPS FF3 Special Ribbon Edition  -  (West Valenica/Tucson, AZ)  $2000

https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/vmps-ff3-special-ribbon/6469923188.html

"These speakers have amazing audiophile sound. Theses speakers won over the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show with 3 audio magazines writing articles declaring them the best of show in 1999. Research Absolute Sound magazine issue 121. This set has the biamp format with external crossover and power supply, a 800 dollar upgrade, there are also finished in a piano black finish, a additional 500 dollar cost added to the base price of 8400 dollars for a total cost of 9700. This set was originally set up by Brian Cheney. He signed and dated both speakers. Please research these speakers, or call me with questions or to audition these speakers."

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2018, 05:08 pm by Stimpy »