NEW PRODUCT DEBUTS AT CAPITAL AUDIO FEST!!!

modwright

NEW PRODUCT DEBUTS AT CAPITAL AUDIO FEST!!!
« on: 18 Aug 2015, 01:02 am »
We are pleased to announce the debut of our new SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition linestage. Celebrating 16 years in business and 12 years since the release of our first manufactured product, the SWL 9.0SE.  The SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition follows in the proud footsteps of my son's namesake.  Spencer Wright is now 12 years old and weights MUCH more than the 9lb. he did at birth!

The SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition uses the same 5687 family of tubes, but in a cleaner and more refined tube circuit with more sophisticated power supply.  It will include a built-in headphone amp and of course remote control for power on/off, volume and mute. Styling will be in keeping with the original, with modern updates. Price will be < $3K.

We are also pleased to show a new SE Tube Amp Design, that involves the collaboration of Electraprint Audio, ModWright, Daedalus Audio and David Palka of CJ Manufacturing.
Earlier this year I spent a week in 'Jedi Training' with Jack Elliano of Electraprint Audio, learning to wind chokes and transformers, as well as the finer art of SE, Class A tube amp design.  While I was there, I heard a design that Jack had designed, that blew my mind.  We agreed that I would build it, styled in the ModWright Tradition, with top quality parts and aesthetics.  Lou from Daedalus built a BEAUTIFUL wood enclosure that machinist David Palka of CJ Manufacturing then finished in solid AL billet and polished SS metalwork.  The result is stunning and is a concept piece that I am taking to Capital Audiofest, looking for feedback from those in attendance!

I am working on another tube design, monoblocks, higher power and TRULY over the top, that I plan to show at RMAF. Another collaborative effort!.

Good times ahead!

Thanks,

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 7 Dec 2016, 07:59 pm by modwright »

Phil A

Re: NEW PRODUCT DEBUTS AT CAPITAL AUDIO FEST!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2015, 01:34 am »
Looking forward to hear it.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2015, 12:54 pm »
Come to room 309 at the Capital Audio Fest to see and hear the new ModWright models. The system will also feature the PH-150 phono preamp, Elyse DAC, and modified Oppo 105.  We'll have the latest version of the Daedalus Athena and a VPI Aries 3D too. Hope to see you all there!

kngale1

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2015, 02:16 pm »
I am working on another tube design, monoblocks, higher power and TRULY over the top, that I plan to show at RMAF. Another collaborative effort!.
How much wpc?   What type of output tubes?

rpf

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2015, 02:41 pm »
Exciting news Dan! Welcome back to the light side.  :lol:

Rob

arthurs

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2015, 02:52 pm »
This is exciting news Dan, I was just wondering the other day when you'd do a tube amp....looking forward to seeing you at CAF and hearing what you've been up to!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2015, 03:09 pm »
I am looking forward to hearing them.  Gotta say I am more interested in the monoblocks though.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2015, 04:58 pm »
Come to room 309 at the Capital Audio Fest to see and hear the new ModWright models. The system will also feature the PH-150 phono preamp, Elyse DAC, and modified Oppo 105.  We'll have the latest version of the Daedalus Athena and a VPI Aries 3D too. Hope to see you all there!

I can personally attest that the Ph-150 is an outstanding phono stage. I have the modded Oppo 105 and it too is terrific.

worldcat

« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2015, 07:04 pm »
Do you own his phono?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2015, 07:10 pm »
Do you own his phono?

Yes I do. It replaced a Zesto Andros.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2015, 07:28 pm »
We also just added an PH-150 to our own ACA Reference System.

Good job Dan.

worldcat

« Reply #11 on: 18 Aug 2015, 08:30 pm »
 I heard it at Newport i thought it sounded very good.

We also just added an PH-150 to our own ACA Reference System.

Good job Dan.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015, 01:09 pm by worldcat »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 19 Aug 2015, 01:30 am »
I am looking forward to hearing them.  Gotta say I am more interested in the monoblocks though.

Yeah, they sound alluring.

worldcat

« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2015, 01:55 am »
Has anyone compared it to the Herron Phono?

RPM123

« Reply #14 on: 21 Aug 2015, 02:21 am »
I have a LS100 with phono and it replaced a Herron. So, I would imagine that the PH-150 would be even better!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug 2015, 02:29 am »
I am looking forward to some pictures and information as I am sure anything Dan put's out will be on the same level as the 150 SE I currently have.

And I wounder if Lou's case might (I hope) even be ordered to match my Daedalus speakers :scratch:

modwright

« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2015, 04:26 pm »
Here are some teaser photos of the new amp!

Front

You will have to attend Capital Audiofest or wait for the press pictures!

This is a VERY special product, the result of a team of artisans: Jack Elliano - Electraprint, Lou Hinkley - Daedalus; David Palka - CJ Machining, and ModWright Instruments (MWI)

Thank you,

Dan Wright
President, ModWright Instruments (MWI)

modwright

« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2015, 05:53 pm »
To answer a couple of questions:

RE wood finish to match Lou's speakers - just see the picture!

RE LS 100 w/Phono compared to the PH 150 - The LS 100 w/phono is VERY good!  The PH 150 is a Reference Level phono stage and has competed with others in the $20,000-$25,000 range and held its own!

Thanks!

Dan

talk2me

« Reply #18 on: 26 Aug 2015, 09:04 pm »
Wow! As a proud owner of an Elyse DAC and previous a ModWright Oppo 105, I am very excited to hear about the tube amps. My goal is someday to have an all ModWright system. I have not had a tube amp since my previous Graaf GM-100 OTL.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #19 on: 26 Aug 2015, 09:39 pm »
And I use to laugh at the wife for having to have a matching outfit and now I want a amp to match my speakers not only for the sound but the appearance. 

Dan I am sue you and Lou worked this out after many hours of market research groups. :tempted:

And folks always write about the synergy of you two and your fine products :thumb: