VPI Traveler - Capital Audio Fest demo for sale

Scottdazzle

VPI Traveler - Capital Audio Fest demo for sale
« on: 31 Jul 2014, 03:31 pm »
I have a blue VPI Traveler with less than 50 hours use for sale.  Viva Hifi is an authorized VPI dealer in the DC area.  I used it at the Capital Audio Fest to demo the Daedalus Muse, ModWright, WyWires system. $1200 with new warranty, manual and box. The white on the front edge in the photo is a reflection, not a scratch.  The Traveler retails for $1500 and comes without a cartridge or phono cables. I have a new warranty Grado Prestige Gold cartridge with less than 20 hours use available for $150 (retail $220) and I have a nice lightly used pair of Blue Jeans low capacitance shielded cables that work well with this table that I can throw in for $25.  The entire package would be $1375, but each item is available separately.  Other cartridges and cables are also available and I'd be happy to discuss options.  Please send pm or email to vivahifi@gmail.com if interested.  Thank you for reading this.

bonsai

Re: VPI Traveler - Capital Audio Fest demo for sale
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2014, 07:21 pm »
I think that table is the table VPI made two years ago. 

The platter cushion is a few revisions old.  the tone arm is the older design with the gimbal bearing that becomes problematic in time.  The current VPI traveller has a new ABEC bearing design that corrects this.

This is the current table matting you will see now:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2014, 12:29 am »
Bonsai, you are mistaken. The picture you show is the older version. The one I am selling is the current version which I acquired for the CAF.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2014, 05:32 pm »
Bump. Make an offer if you're interested.  :thumb:

Scottdazzle

SOLD Re: VPI Traveler - Capital Audio Fest demo for sale
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2014, 08:58 pm »
SOLD