FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier - SOLD

StevenZ

FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier - SOLD
« on: 2 Sep 2014, 03:22 pm »
Hey folks, selling a Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier.  I've had this for about a month and have decided to downsize my setup and go with an integrated amplifier.  I ordered this preamp in purple and with all the fixin's.  Has tubed LP section using 2 12AX7 tubes and 3 line level inputs.  Also has balance control, and 3 tone controls.  I was told that if all the tone controls were set at the middle position it would essentially eliminate them from the signal path.  This is a phenomenal sounding tube preamp and I hope someone picks this up.  The other 3 tubes are all 12AU7 and can be mixed and matched to taste by using 12AX7, 12AT7, 12AY7 and 12BZ7 in any combination.  The only snafu about this preamp is the paint job.  It looks perfect from about a foot away, but up close you can see slight overspray and a few slight imperfections.  It came from Tomcat Audio this way. For that reason alone I am discounting this preamp pretty heavily.  I paid $650 shipped.  I'm only asking $450 $425 shipped. Paypal only.  This is a crazy good deal for a true tubed preamp w/ tubed phono section that performs admirably.  Edit:  Shipping CONUS only. 

« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2014, 01:21 pm by StevenZ »

sunnydaze

Re: FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2014, 04:57 pm »
I'm confused...... :scratch:

You say (2) 12ax7 tubes for phono section, and "other (3)  tubes are 12au7"......I assume for line?

That's a total of 5 tubes, yet I only see three in the pics.

Can you clarify, please?

StevenZ

Re: FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2014, 05:01 pm »
The two black columns on the left hand side are shields for the two 12AX7 tubes used in the phono section.  The two 12AX7's are underneath the shields.  The other 3 which are in a row are all 12AU7.     

StevenZ

Re: FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier - REDUCED!
« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2014, 11:40 am »
Price reduction!

davidldl

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2014, 03:17 pm »
Do you have any internal pictures?   I was just curious about the internal construction (or a description).    It certainly looks like nice on the outside.
I'm finding hard to find info on this preamp.

Thanks,
DL

StevenZ

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2014, 03:20 pm »
I will have some internals up this evening.  Yes, finding any info about this preamp is pretty difficult.  If you have any questions you might direct them straight to John through his Facebook page.  If you search "John Miller" on Facebook you should be able to find his company "Tomcat Audio".  From there he has his phone number posted.  He's a great guy to talk with and will tell you anything you want to know about this preamp.

StevenZ

« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2014, 11:00 am »
Pending payment

StevenZ

Re: FS: Tomcat Audio Super 6 Preamplifier - SOLD
« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2014, 01:21 pm »
SOLD!