Bryston BIT 5

maplegrovemusic

• Please Be kind to your ears .... Treat your room
Bryston BIT 5
« on: 27 Nov 2015, 09:57 pm »
Hello , I have owned the BIT 5 now for about a year . Have been just using it with a Mac Mini and a Bryston SP2 . terrific with those two so far . Noise is non issue , nice and black back round . Now i would like to try a Musical Fidelity A200 class a integrated with the Mac Mini also with the BIT 5 . Can the BIT 5 handle these two ? Not sure what the MF draws for power ? Any risk in trying different scenarios with the BIT 5 . Can i do any damage to my components in doing so ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston BIT 5
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:20 pm »
Hello , I have owned the BIT 5 now for about a year . Have been just using it with a Mac Mini and a Bryston SP2 . terrific with those two so far . Noise is non issue , nice and black back round . Now i would like to try a Musical Fidelity A200 class a integrated with the Mac Mini also with the BIT 5 . Can the BIT 5 handle these two ? Not sure what the MF draws for power ? Any risk in trying different scenarios with the BIT 5 . Can i do any damage to my components in doing so ?

Hi

How much power is the MF A200?   There is no issue with damage - you may get hum if the transformer starts to become overloaded.

james

maplegrovemusic

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:23 pm »
The MFa200 is rated at 60 watts per channel

maplegrovemusic

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:24 pm »
fully class A design

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2015, 10:36 pm »
You should be OK

james

maplegrovemusic

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2015, 11:56 pm »
Thanks Mr Tanner . Pretty incredible to get answers straight from the manufacture in such a rapid response . An unrelated question . I have read in reviews of the 28bsst2 that if you have low impedance speakers that you guys change something internally ? My electrostatic speakers dip below 2 ohms . I have been hesitant on using any Bryston amps . If i bought new the 7bsst2 mono's would be in my budget . If i went the used route the 28's would be in the budget as well . Are both these amps able to reconfigure for low impedance?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2015, 01:32 pm »
Thanks Mr Tanner . Pretty incredible to get answers straight from the manufacture in such a rapid response . An unrelated question . I have read in reviews of the 28bsst2 that if you have low impedance speakers that you guys change something internally ? My electrostatic speakers dip below 2 ohms . I have been hesitant on using any Bryston amps . If i bought new the 7bsst2 mono's would be in my budget . If i went the used route the 28's would be in the budget as well . Are both these amps able to reconfigure for low impedance?

Hi

Yes either the 7B's or the 28B's are more than capable of driving low impedances.

james