Bottlehead Crack OTL Headphone Amp w/Speedball & Extras - SOLD

mike_p

• You Never Blow Your Trip Forever
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball constant current source. Uses all soft-annealed solid silver signal wiring in teflon tubing; PEC mil spec 100K pot; Panasonic KX audio grade filter caps & Ohmite ceramic resistors in power supply.

Dayton 100 uf metalized poly output caps bypassed with 0.1 uf Russian military surplus FT-3 teflons (purchased NOS).

Military grade Mullard CV-4003 driver tube (purchased NOS as 'platinum' grade from Upscale Audio) & RCA 6080 output tube (also purchased NOS), both with < 100 hours. These tubes work very well together with my HD600s and Cardas cable (available separately .)

Belton phenolic tube socket for the 6080 & ceramic gold plated 9-pin socket for the CV4003.

Also included one 12AU7 of unknown origin w/the identification markings rendered unreadable (shipped with the kit by Bottlehead), one Sylvania 6080 (also shipped with the kit by Bottlehead), and one new Russian 6H13C (from tubestore.com, said to be usable in the 6080's place - never tried it). I used the tubes from BH maybe for 20 hours.

Simply excellent with high impedance cans, e.g., Sennheiser HD600, 650 or Beyerdynamic DT880/600 (I've also used the DT880/600s with this amp, and have a slight preference for the HD600s).

$450 + shipping (by PayPal friends and family or +3%, cash or bank check). For a local sale, I can meet-up in the Mid-Hudson Valley of NY or Pike County, PA.

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2016, 06:17 pm by mike_p »