SOLD!! New, sealed in box, Clearaudio Concerto II for sale

Delacroix

SOLD (for 63% of MSRP, do the math.....thought this worth including for comparison given the prices people ask for cartridges with 100s of hours on them)

I have a new, sealed in box, Clearaudio Concerto II that I just received back from them after sending my  under warranty original in for repair in December. Apparently Clearaudio don't offer repairs or retips, they just send a new cartridge. I made another purchase while the 'repair' was being handled so now I have this one going for sale. MSRP is $2750, I'm open to reasonable offers (with the emphasis on reasonable, I've sunk a lot into the original purchase and repair/replacement cost). Trades possible if you have something I might desire (a late 50s Gibson L7 is top of my list but I suspect that's not going to happen!) 

Specs below -- great sounding cartridge but it has that exposed cantilever that requires you to handle carefully, as I know!  Comes with a cover to protect it when not in use.  Again, this is brand new, not a repair, with original serial number and not even registered for warranty yet, fresh from Musical Surroundings.

Total mass: 4.4Gm
Frequency response: 20 Hz - 100 kHz
Stylus shape: Micro HD
Cantilever: Boron
Coil assembly: Absolutely symmetrical design
Coil material: Gold 24 K
Compliance: 15/15 µ/mN
Recommended tracking force: 2.8 g
Crosstalk: > 30 dB
Channel balance: < 0.5 dB
Output voltage: 0.8 mV (at 5 cm/sec)
Coil impedance: 35 Ohm
Body material: Satiné wood

I have no original pics as it's a sealed cardboard box with the gold seal uncut on the top flaps. You can find details on the cartridge here: http://clearaudio.de/en/products/cartridges-mc-concerto_v2.php

lots of links to it also at the usual online stores (Audio Advisor, Music Direct etc). PM me to discuss.

thanks

P.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2015, 01:33 am by Delacroix »

Delacroix

Re: SOLD!! New, sealed in box, Clearaudio Concerto II for sale
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2015, 01:26 am »
SOLD --sometimes it just takes time --- good deal for new owner.