Signature 57 - Now featuring a dual tube input stage!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All,

Since the Signature 57 was introduced last year, I have received more than enough calls and emails asking "what about the tube input stage?"  It was the only product in our line-up that did not feature this.  It was a fair question, and I also received suggestions from many folks who asked if it could be added as an option.  This way, those who did not want tubes or the added cost wouldn't have to pay for this to enjoy the Signature 57.  But for those that DO want it, you got it!   8)

Pictured below is a Signature 57 with the new dual tube input stage option.  These two stages accept tubes from either the 12AX7 family or 6922 family (via a flip of a switch), and provide a tube buffered preamp signal to the amplifier output stages (as well as to the preamp output jacks).  I decided to go with two to keep up with the dual mono design of the Signature 57.  With these in place, you really do get as close to the sound of the Liliana Monoblocks in a single-box solution (with half the max output power).  Tested with 12AX7 tubes, the play time was still 10 hours on a full charge.  The added richness in tone and increase soundstage height/width/depth truly takes this integrated amplifier to a new class.  You really do get the "best of both worlds" of tube and SS. 

I am confident to state that if approx. 60 watts RMS per channel (115 into 4-ohm, and even more into 2-ohm) of high-current power is enough for your needs, then the Signature 57 with dual tube input stage should be a must audition!  For $4995 (this option adds $1000 to the base price of $3995), your ears will be in for a treat - and just like before, you can add the optional Bellina dac, Analogica phonostage, headphone output stage, or all of the above or none of the above. 

Other types of customization are possible!  I am building one for a customer who wants pre-out / amp-in RCA jacks to use an active speaker EQ required for his speakers.  I had another customer who ordered a Signature 57 with Bellina dac installed and with a 12Vdc output jack to feed his Mac Mini - resulting in a 100% off-the-grid system from source to speakers (except when charging - which was still on the grid.  But hey, he could have gone solar!  :icon_lol:).  There are on-board linear regulator stages to feed auxiliary output voltage(s) up to 36Vdc and with an amp or two of continuous current.   Another 57 customer wanted a custom gain setting to match the gain of another amp that was used only for the woofers (fed via the pre output jacks). 

As some of you already know, the Signature 57 uses a much larger chassis design than previous RWA products.... approx. 19" wide x 14" deep x 5" tall.  Easy to remove top cover for quick tube rolling, phonostage load setting, and air-blasting cat hair in case yours decides to sleep on it.   :wink:   Parts used are very high quality and built to last!  10-year warranty, all made here in New England, and full of energy to get you glued to your listening chair with your favorite music.

[Close-up of the tube input stages for the L and R channels.  The little toggle switch on each board selects 12V or 6.3V filament current for 12AX7 or 6922 families]

[A zoomed-out shot of the clean layout.  The large, super-low impedance LiFePO4 pack delivers high DC current to the Class AB MOSFET output stage of the amplifier boards.  Speakers that dip down to 2-ohms are NOT a problem with this kind of current delivery]. 

To those who have a Signature 57 and want to upgrade - of course this is an option that can be added on at any time.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have called or emailed in the past with your valuable feedback.  In this case, it was for the tube stage and for some customization options.  I do listen to what you are looking for, and although I cannot always meet your needs 100%, I will continue to try my best.  Keeping you guys happy is what keeps me in business so I can be happy doing what I love to do.  Thank you.

Happy listening,

Vinnie

low.pfile

Re: Signature 57 - Now featuring a dual tube input stage!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2014, 10:52 pm »
Wow!
Nice going Vinnie!

and I WANT TUBES NOW

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Signature 57 - Now featuring a dual tube input stage!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2014, 04:55 pm »
Wow!
Nice going Vinnie!

and I WANT TUBES NOW

Thanks, low.pfile!   8)