Yet another 'revolutionary' headphone on kickstarter

dB Cooper

I don't have rectangular ears, so I'd probably be giving them a 'miss' in any event, but these headphones claim to do everything but make your stock picks for you, and all for 99 smackers:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inspero/vinci-first-smart-3d-headphones-that-understand-yo?ref=el8swg&utm_source=jellop&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=3.jellop-ads.com&utm_campaign=CB&utm_content=Vinci-CB1

mcgsxr

Re: Yet another 'revolutionary' headphone on kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2016, 12:21 am »
Very funky.

Nice idea about having built in storage for music.  I have not seen that before.

I am totally lost as to the "gestures" idea.  I can just see me waving madly trying to lower the volume, then chucking them off my head!

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2016, 01:00 am »
This definitely seems like one of those 'too good to be true' products. There's only so much one can do with a budget for a $99-199 headphone. That said, headphones are also notoriously overpriced products so perhaps I'm wrong.

The styling seems decent, noise cancelling and can function alone without a phone. If this were $500 and well refined with good sound quality, you could see the iPhone of headphones here.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2016, 01:55 am »
Well as stupid as they are, it's no surprise they got massive funding... Kickstarter seems like a representation of society... so countless stupid things get tons of attention.

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2016, 02:55 am »
Very funky.

Nice idea about having built in storage for music.  I have not seen that before.

I am totally lost as to the "gestures" idea.  I can just see me waving madly trying to lower the volume, then chucking them off my head!

That's not even new (gesture support). The Parrot Zik had that 2-3 years ago. Most baffling to me is why there's a display on the side. You can't see it when you have the headphones on. What's the point? So other hipsters will know what you're listening to?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2016, 02:58 am »
There are few things more ridiculous than this product, one of them is its target custumers teens tattooed listen ''music'' in the street.